Sunday, November 1, 2015

St. John's Wort by Whole Vitality (Review)







Do you or someone in your family take St. John's Wort? I always suggest trying natural supplements for assisting your body and mind. I am not fond of taking prescription medication unless absolutely necessary. St. John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum), has been used for supporting a positive, healthy disposition and emotional well-being. Some people that take this supplement take it as a preventative measure to keep their outlook on life pleasant and their mood happy. However some people that take it are trying to bring themselves out of a severely depressed state of being. It has been shown that St. John's Wort is as effective as some prescription antidepressants, and yet has fewer adverse side effects. This is a botanical herb (from the flower of the same name) and can be taken without a prescription.

I was recently sent a bottle of St. John's Wort Extract by Whole Vitality.  I personally had great results with taking St. John's Wort off an on over the years, but have not taken it since having my children, as in the last 5 years I had either been pregnant or breastfeeding and have always been leery of taking excess supplements unless directed by my doctor and absolutely necessary.  Since I am currently pregnant with my third child, I decided to have my husband try this product since he seems to have been in a funk the last 2 years since our finances have declined, along with our nearly 100 year old home being a money pit (and we are at a loss on how to get out of it) as it is in serious need of repair of pretty much everything expensive and large.  I've pretty much shared  a lot of his woes, but stay pretty busy with my 2 little ones at home and so often do not dwell much on it as it is really out of our control for now.  

Now of course a supplement such as this (or even a prescription type) is not going to just fix everything and make the woes go away.  However I do think that the over all stress and negative mood can be improved perhaps by the assistance of a supplement that is from nature.  I also think that with proper sleep, nutritional intake and hydration, a person can better handle the stress and mild depression.  For my husband, he is over worked and over tired.  He is low on energy and focuses more on the things that we currently have no control over.  I am hoping that regular use of this product can help him with managing his stress and mild depression. 

This particular St. John's Wort vitamin capsule is easy to swallow and contains 500Mg of St. John's Wort with .3% standardized hypericin extract (naturally occurring in St. John's Wort).  The 100 ct. bottle suggests that users take 2 capsules daily, preferably with a meal. According to the Mayo Clinic, 900 milligrams of St. John's wort is taken twice daily for several weeks for those suffering with anxiety.  For individuals suffering with moderate to severe depression, 1,800 milligrams St. John's wort has been taken by mouth once to three times for 4-52 weeks.  Hypericin has been taken for HIV and Cancer treatments (source).

Whole Vitality St. John's Wort is made in USA within a NSF/GMP certified facility, and meets strict safety standards for ingredient quality and effectiveness.  It is very important to me that any products myself or my family consume is safe and certified.  My husband has only been taking this for about 3 weeks so it is hard to know if it is helping him.  Most supplements need as many as 2-3 months before significant improvements can be seen.  For now he has not had any adverse reactions to the product.

*As mentioned, this was sent to me as a free sample, and this is our honest opinion or experience of this product.  No other compensation was provided (other than a complimentary bottle to test and review).

DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog.  I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review.  I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers.  I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions.  My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours. 


Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission.  I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones. 













Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment