Friday, December 28, 2018

Large Sampler Gift Set from Sunnybrook Gardens Ltd Campaign Review



I was sent some handmade bath goodies recently and I wanted to tell you about them! I love natural bath and body products. I love coconut oil and shea butter and essential oils. I find them to be of higher quality than synthetic chemical based ingredients. 

Sunnybrook Gardens is a family owned and operated shop that makes soaps, skincare, bath salts, and lip care products that heal, protect, soften, and cleanse. Angela uses gentle and skin nourishing ingredients in her products. I was sent some soap, some lip products, and shaving soap. My husband and I both use vintage 1960's Lady Gillette safety razors, a vintage shaving brush, and various shaving soaps/creams. It is called "wet shaving" and is awesome! I love lathering up a nice natural bar of soap and having a relaxing leg shave! Modern shaving is rushed and does not allow for the pampering that a nice vintage wet shave provides. Also, most shaving gels or creams on the store shelves today are full of synthetic fragrances and ingredients. Many ingredients are difficult to pronounce. I have tried the shaving soap from Sunnybrook Gardens and it does not disappoint. It provides a nice foam and my razor glides along my skin for a smooth shave. Natural soaps will not lather as much as the synthetic, chemical-laden soaps (sodium laurel/laureth sulfate) but you will not miss the lather as you will find that your skin is no longer dried out, flakey or itchy. You will still have lather so do not worry. :) This shaving soap is a generous 4 ounces and comes in a plastic jar. You can dip your wet shaving brush inside and whip up a nice lather and then transfer the shaving brush to the palm of your hand for an extra boost of froth! Angela also makes round "soap pucks" to fit in your own shaving mug or scuttle. 

I highly recommend a fun vintage mug from etsy or a flea market and then putting her round soap inside. :) 






The shaving soap scent is very subtle and is definitely perfect for a man or a woman. 

**The cold process Barbershop Shaving Soap is also available in a round circle soap size to fit nicely into most shaving mugs.** 

Shaving Soap Ingredients: saponified oils of organic coconut, organic olive, organic castor, organic shea butter, rhassoul clay, and therapeutic grade balsam of Peru essential oil.

I have also tried her liquid castile soap and her unscented cold-process coconut milk soap for shaving and they are lovely as well. My kids can use her soap on their hands and I do not worry about harmful chemicals. This soap is lovely for the face as well. 


Cold Process Hand and Body Soap Ingredients: saponified oils of organic sustainable palm oil, organic coconut oil, organic olive oil, organic sustainable palm kernel oil, organic coconut milk (organic coconut milk, organic guar gum), organic castor oil, organic cocoa butter, and organic shea butter

I am excited about this company and would love to see what she comes up with next. I suggest some shampoo bars and liquid shampoo! :) 

https://sunnybrookgardensltd.com/products/large-sampler-gift-set-from-sunnybrook-gardens-ltd

*These items were sent to me complimentary. These are my honest opinions. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment