Saturday, March 31, 2018

Beard Command Oil and Beard Balm Kit for Men (Review)



I was recently sent a Cherry scented Beard Oil and Beard Balm/Butter Kit for my husband to try. He has worn a full but neatly groomed beard for 10+ years. He keeps it a moderate length but it is thick and has some curl to it. It often gets unruly due to the natural curl and the coarse sprigs of grey that pop up. :) (LOL.) It is true. We frequently joke that he needs some "Just for Men" beard dye. 

He often uses beard oil or a balm similar to soft hold styling wax that grooms and conditions his beard. He has been testing this one from Beard Command. You can find them on Facebook. I like the cherry scent and find that it reminds me of a tobacco cherry pipe or a sweetly fragranced cigar. I do not smoke (neither does he) but we often like a tobacco-scented aftershave or body wash on him. I like the skin and hair follicle nourishing ingredients in the balm and oil. I do find that the oil is a stronger scent than the balm. I prefer the balm fragrance. They are similar but the oil triggers my migraines if I sniff it up close, directly from the bottle or too much is used. I admit I have dabbed some of the oil around my neck and behind my ears as I like the scent. I just cannot put it on too heavily as it is very strongly scented. I think this is a beautiful and mysterious unisex scent. This set is perfect for any bearded fellow and the product should last a long time. We have had this a month and he does not need to use much if the balm to smooth and tame his beard. He scrapes the balm with his nail and then warms the balm between his fingers or palms. He applies the balm after he has brushed his beard. He has a rounded boar bristle beard brush, a wooden comb, and a badger hair brush. The badger hair brush is actually a regular hair brush that he brushes both his hair on his head and the beard hair on his face. It is always a funny sight to see him use a full-sized hairbrush on his beard. The photo of the balm shows about how much has been used in a two-week period. We like the packaging of the balm. The tin is nice in the hand and the logo/photo is classy.

I love that this is made in the USA and cruelty-free. The ingredients are great and we use natural products whenever possible.

Balm - Beeswax, Shea Butter, Kokum Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Essential Oils
Oil - Argan Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Essential Oils 


I was sent this set for my honest opinion. I received no sponsorship/payment. I received only an evaluation sample set for review. 

DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.












No comments:

Post a Comment