Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Royal Formula Argan Oil Hair Mask Review










  • Today's review will be quick as I tried the product and realized that it was not for me. If you normally use dimethicone/silicones in your hair, you may love this. :) 

    This was sent to me for my honest review. I was so excited to try it as I love Argan oil and natural ingredient hair masks. Sadly, I used this Royal Formula Argan Oil hair mask once before realizing it has dimethicone (silicone) in it. I do not use this specific ingredient on my hair as it coats the hair. The consistency of this hair mask is thick and creamy. I like how a little can go a long way, even with thick hair. Did my bleached blonde (dry, damaged) hair feel soft and silky after using this? Yes! However, silicone-based polymer ingredients coat the hair. Over time hair can look healthier than it really is. If the silicone was left out of this ingredient list, I would give this product a second look. I like the hydrolyzed silk in this product, which assists with slip, detangling, moisture, and strength.

    The fragrance is pleasant (reminds me of high-end salon products) but definitely smells synthetic and strong. I would have liked a more natural scent such as rosewater, rose essential oil, sandalwood oil, or lavender essential oil. Peppermint essential oil would have been an option as well to assist with getting blood flow moving in the scalp. I am dissatisfied that Argan Oil is listed towards the bottom of the ingredients in the jar. Sadly, after looking at the ingredient list, this is not 100% natural. It is listed as 100% organic. I love that it is made in the USA and cruelty-free. It is mostly natural (which is still better than a lot of products on the market.)





    Here are some of the ingredients: (the ones I was excited about)

    Ingredients: 

    Hair Restorative Ingredient # 1: Pure Argan Oil 
    Native to Morocco, Argan Oil is often called "liquid gold" 100% Pure Argan Oil absorbs quickly to soften and smooth dry skin and hair. It controls frizz and replenishes moisture to help restore hair's natural more youthful-looking shine.


    Hair Restorative Ingredient # 2: Hydrolyzed Silk 
    Hydrolyzed from pure silk fibers, silk amino acids have a low molecular weight which gives much deeper penetrating and moisturizing effects to the hair follicle and scalp.


    Hair Restorative Ingredient # 3: Almond Oils
    Almond oils are rich in vital hair follicle restorative nutrients and minerals. These all natural oils help condition and repair hair elasticity and control hair loss. 


    Hair Restorative Ingredient # 4: Pro-Vitamin B-5 
    Vitamin B-5, or Panothenic acid, is an essential vitamin for hair growth and health and improves the appearance and elasticity of hair. Aids in preventing hair loss and may add more volume and body to hair.


    Directions (from the manufacturer)
    Wash hair. Towel-dry clean shampooed hair. Apply a generous amount of mask to hair. Use your hands and fingers to evenly distribute mask through hair from root to tip. Comb through hair; leave on for 5 to 15 minutes. Rinse, dry as usual, style hair. For best results, use 1-2 times per week.


Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.

DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment