Thursday, November 17, 2016

RETINOL MOISTURIZER by InstaNatural (Review)


Do you use acne treatments or special face cleansers to keep your skin looking smooth and keep blemishes to a minimum?  Do you slather on chemicals and use a wide variety of products in hopes to dry out, soothe and heal irritated skin?  I sure would have liked to have known then, that all those treatments and chemicals I was layering on my troubled skin areas, were actually hurting my skin and causing my skin to further strip its natural oils, actually making it produce even more oils (to compensate).  I was actually causing my acne and uneven skintone to be even worse.

In high school I had moderate amounts of acne. I was not the teen with severely broken out skin, but I would have at least 2 or 3 red, sore cystic acne areas on my jaw, chin, or cheeks per week.   I had extremely shiny skin by lunchtime each day, and my nose and cheeks were peppered with blackheads.  I seemed to always be on the lookout for the latest, potent acne cream or wash. Back then, anything that dried out my blemishes (and in return caused flakey skin with oily patches) was on my bathroom vanity or in our medicine cabinet.  I even remembering being prescribed topical medicines, and taking otc herbal pills designed for working from the inside out (Nature's Cure).  Benzoyl Peroxide creams and Salicylic Acid were always on the shopping list and I always used strong acne facial washes and would sometimes wash my face 3 times in a day (with the same harsh products).  

For the past 4 years, I have only used natural soaps (either coconut oil, african black soap, charcoal, or shea butter based) or used the oil cleansing method.  I wash my face once per day (sometimes just every other day) and my skin is the clearest it has been in years.  It also is softer and has less oil production, while still being balanced.  I do attribute my skin improvement to the use of Vitamin C serums, Hyaluronic Acid, and Retinol.  

Vitamin A, (Retinol)  assists skin in the exfoliation and rejuvenation process.  It gradually, and gently reveals healthier, softer skin with the removal of flaky, dull and damaged skin.  Often Retinol can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes and fine lines with continued application (in moderation).  I like to remove my makeup with argan oil, jojoba oil, rosehip or sweet almond oil, and then do a quick oil cleansing afterward.  I pat my face dry and then use a toner of some sort such as a Witch Hazel or a Rose Water Toner mixture. I like using a Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid serum followed by Retinol cream.  

Vitamin C encourages collagen production, which can plump up the skin for a firmed and toned appearance, making fine lines to become less noticeable   I also find that it gives my skin a healthy glow and clears acne and blemishes promptly.

I have been sent many products over the last few years of natural skin care and one company that I have been consistently fond of is InstaNatural.  This month I was sent their Retinol cream, Toner (recently reviewed) and their Vitamin C serum.

InstaNatural's Retinol Moisturizer comes in a plastic airless pump and is in a creamy lotion form.  It combines Vitamin A (Retinol), Vitamin C, Green Tea and a variety of amazing botanical extracts and oils to heal and soothe tired, dull and irritated skin.  This cream has a light scent and is not greasy in application.  It is beneficial to skin in that is contains antioxidants and ingredients that are effective in anti aging.  

I do not have wrinkles, but I do have some fine lines and uneven skintone.  I have some past acne scarring and have noticed that daily use of Retinol and the above ingredients has improved my skin.  I like this moisturizer as it comes in an easy to use pump that does not clog, become messy or unhygienic.  It is easy to use and does not cause my makeup to apply clumpy or pill up.  The pump top has an ergonomic feel.

This cream has the antioxidant benefits of Green Tea, which has be known to repair and replenish skin from the negative effects of pollutants and over exposure to the Sun.  I like how this product contains some of the oils and ingredients I already use in my daily routine such as Vitamin E, Jojoba Oil, Hyaluronic Acid, and Shea Butter.  My skin feels soft and hydrated, without a heavy or greasy feel.  I like the thick consistency of this cream and find that it absorbs quickly.




Key Ingredients:
+ Retinol
+ Vitamin C
+ Hyaluronic Acid
+ Sunflower Seed Oil
+ Green Tea Extract

Full Ingredients:
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Retinol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Extract (Botanical Hyaluronic Acid), Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Propolis Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Panthenol, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

You can learn more about this brand and their products, by visiting the InstaNatural website, and following them on Facebook and Twitter.  This product was sent to me for my honest evaluation.  















Please follow me:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.

DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment