Thursday, November 3, 2016

Herbal Choice Mari Tooth-Gel Review





I use natural home, health and cosmetic products for nearly everything. I enjoy using products that I have either made (through combinations of clays, essential oils, botanical ingredients) or products that I can purchase from other companies that use natural ingredients and materials. I often make my own toothpaste, but was excited to try some "tooth gel" from Herbal Choice Mari.  I have not used traditional, "regular" toothpaste for about 3 years now.  For years Crest would make the inside of the walls of my mouth peel, I had then switched to a Colgate variety, but both brands contained various sulfates, fluoride, and chemicals that I was not wanting to use.

This peppermint gel-paste combo does not contain fluoride, glycerin, SLS (Sodium Laureth or Lauryl Sulfate is a detergent used to foam), preservatives or artificial sweeteners (saccharin) that are generally found in typical toothpaste and oral care products.  This product comes in a glass container with a pump.  It looks very classy on the counter and is much nicer to use than a plastic bottles or tubes.  I have used this everyday for a month and like it a lot.  The only issue is about 2 weeks in, the pump top no longer would dispense the paste, so I contacted the company and they sent a replacement pump top lid.  The product is a bit sloppy to put on my toothbrush, sometimes it does not squirt onto the bristles (some gets on the floor or sink counter) and I would prefer it to be a bit thicker.  Other than that, I really like this paste.  I must warn you, the peppermint oil / tea tree oil combination is strong and if you are not used to it, it can definitely wake you up in the morning. :) My mouth feels and tastes very fresh and clean.

I like the ingredients in this product, I would have liked it to have calcium bentonite clay in this in addition to the other fantastic ingredients.  I use various clay powders (and charcoal) daily for my oral care and skin.

Ingredients
Purified water, calcium carbonate (earth mineral tooth polish), organic peppermint oil, xanthan gum (natural gum), baking soda (natural earth mineral), organic tea tree oil.

Directions
Remove cap, pump 3 to 6 times to dispense the desired amount of tooth gel and brush with your favorite tooth brush. Keep cap closed at all times to prevent clogging.

- 100% chemical free toothpaste
- With organic antibacterial ingredients
- Cruelty-free, vegan and vegetarian
- Free from gluten, dairy, soy, corn, no GMO
- Fluoride and preservative free toothpaste
- Free from SLS, Saccharin and Ammonium LS
- Paraben free, cruelty-free, vegan and vegetarian
- Free from triclosan, synthetic chemicals or dyes
- Packaged in a special eco-friendly violet glass bottle
- Oils are cold pressed, non-refined, non-deodorized

This toothpaste gel was sent to me complimentary for review, No other compensation was provided other than a free sample bottle of tooth gel for this review.  













No comments:

Post a Comment