Tuesday, November 15, 2016

InstaNatural's Dual Phase Mattifying Toner Review







I have updated my homemade deodorant as I have found I was missing some helpful ingredients. I still enjoy my usual diy natural solid stick or creamy underarm ointment, but have wanted to try a less oily option. I recently learned of using Zinc Oxide powder (non nano) for keeping odor away and have heard fantastic reviews of Lavilin.  I had recently tried a sample (a tiny, tiny one use sample) of Lavilin and was impressed with it, but was not excited about spending $14 or more on the full size, when the full size is of meager size as well.  I also was not as impressed with some of the ingredients.  I decided to try my hand at making something similar.  Lavilin uses Zinc as one of the main odor banning ingredients and I already had it on hand.  I also had my usual Arrowroot powder, essential oils, and Magnesium Oxide (also fantastic in deodorant).  I decided to skip my usual coconut and shea butter and make this just a cream form without the ointment feel.  I do love the antibacterial nature of coconut, but do not always like the slight oily consistency.  I wanted something to add to the powders to make it more moist, but did not want to use water.  I recently had been sent some natural skin toner from InstaNatural and decided to give it a try.  

InstaNatural's Dual Phase Mattifying Toner  contains some wonderful ingredients that heals and beautifies skin.  I had been using it on my face as a toner after cleansing, but wanted to expand its use as it was working so well.  After looking over the ingredients, I knew I wanted to add this to my deodorant mixture.  I generally add clays to my deodorants, and since this contains Kaolin Clay, (which has oil absorbing properties that makes skin less shiny and more matte throughout the day) I figured this would help with absorbing some of the sweat to keep my clothing dry.  I always add arrowroot as it makes the deodorant dry to a powdery finish.  The Kaolin clay and the Arrowroot work well together, especially since I cannot use Baking Soda in my deodorant.  I also like how this already has botanical extracts and essential oils which not only heal, tone, and beautify skin, but also help with some odor control.  This toner contains peppermint, lavender, lemon, and bergamot extracts which blend nicely and lend a light and refreshing fragrance.  

To make my under arm deodorant cream (which will be applied to freshly washed under arms with clean finger tips) I mixed the arrowroot powder (about a teaspoon), zinc oxide (1 tablespoon) and magnesium oxide (1 tablespoon) with about 5 drops of lavender essential oil and a few squirts of the InstaNatural toner.  I stirred gently until the mixture was the consistency of a thick whipped frosting.  I added this to a glass mason jar.  I like how the toner contains Vitamin E, which not only is soothing to skin, but acts as a gentle preservative.  The only ingredient I was unsure about was the sugar cane extract, but after some quick research, I found that it contains glycol acid.  It also is a great source of potassium, zinc, magnesium, iron, as well as many antioxidants.



Ingredients

Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Glycerin*, Propanediol*, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Phenylpropanol*, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate*, Potassium Sorbate*, Caprylyl Glycol, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Sodium Citrate*, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Citric Acid*. *Naturally Derived


I have used this toner on my face, as well as in my diy deodorant cream and find that it is a great skincare product for both sensitive areas.  It is gentle and soothing.  

When used on my face, it assets with oil control (without over drying or flaking).  My skin feels fresh and blemishes are kept in check.  I love that this contains Willow Bark.  This product improves the tone and texture of skin, while decreasing the appearance of enlarged pores.  (one of my major skin issues on my nose, and T-zone).

One thing to note is that this product will need frequent shaking prior to use.  Separation of the ingredients (clay from the liquid) will occur at a resting stage.

Directions: 
Shake well before use. Pour toner into dry hands and pat onto cleansed skin. Allow to dry and follow with a moisturizer.


I also use this toner to prep my skin before applying my makeup.  I create a smooth base by cleansing and toning, for a near flawless appearance throughout my day.  This product is designed for balancing oily skin types (me),  without drying or stripping my skin's natural protective oils.  

I recommend this toner over other traditional and chemical laden toners on the market today.  This was sent to me as a sample, evaluation product for an honest review.  



















Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.

DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.


Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment