Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Adovia Dead Sea Mud Soap: Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I love trying new products. I also love products that are natural and have few ingredients. I am an avid label reader. When browsing the aisles of a store in search of a new cosmetic or bath product, I do not purchase or use products that have ingredients that I cannot pronounce or that I would lose a spelling bee championship over if given the word to spell in the final moments. I have been sulfate (sodium lauryl and laureth sulfate) free for over a year, and have not used any shampoos, facial or body products that contain this yucky chemical. Sodium Laurel Sulfate is toxic and harmful to humans, plants, and animals. It irritates skin and causes skin to dry out, it is also a pollutant. I am always on the lookout for natural cleansing agents that are nourishing for my skin and that help draw out impurities and make my skin glow with healthy luminosity.

I have always been fond of mud mask treatments and in the past would use mud masks that contained sulfur and charcoal. This combination worked wonderfully, however, the sulfur would sometimes be too strong and would irritate and burn a bit (Queen Helene Mint Julep Mud Mask) and the sulfur in some products (not the mint one) would smell like rotten egg. I recently had the opportunity to try out the Adovia Dead Sea Mud Mask and loved the results I had with it. I was super impressed with it and am loving the spa like luxury at home. I was happy to be able to review the Adovia Dead Sea Mud Soap the past 2 weeks and I have to say it is another great product as well.

Enriched with Dead Sea mud, this low sudsing, SLS free soap that leaves your skin cleansed and nourished, but not stripped. It
contains Dead Sea minerals derived from Dead Sea Mud, which make this a great light exfoliant for skin. The ingredients are simple and natural.

Ingredients
80% Palm/ 20% Palm Kernel oil, Dead Sea Salts, Magnesium, Sodium, Potassium, Deionized Water (Aqua), Natural extract (Fragrance).

I have used this every day for the last week and a half and have not had any problems with irritation and my skin has not dried out with continued use. It has a light pleasant fragrance, however, I do wish they would have put what was used to scent this bar as it only states "natural extract." Despite this being a grey soap, I did not have any staining to my tub or shower, which pleased me. I have had some temporary staining from charcoal soaps that I have used in the past.

I have not had acne in a long time since switching over the the oil cleansing method (over a year ago) and giving up sulfates and traditional facial cleansers, so I cannot comment on if this clears acne, as my skin is clear. I would bet that it is quite beneficial on clearing acne for those with problem skin. I do want to note that I did suds this up in my hands and washed my underarms with it as I had some bad razor hurn last week that would not go away. I had been testing out a new natural deodorant that had baking soda as one of the main ingredients and often my skin reacts poorly to baking soda. Baking soda as a deodorant ingredient works wonderfully at keeping odor at bay, but never seems to love my skin the way I wish it would. The baking soda had caused my razor burn to worsen tremendously and I was pretty miserable for almost 2 weeks. My poor armpits were red and angry with me and burned non stop. About 2 days ago I tried washing my crying armpits with the lather from this Adovia Mud Soap and I have to say, the redness has lightened a noticeable amount. My armpits and the rash is a lot calmer and healing nicely. My armpits are still slightly itchy, however, the burning has stopped.

I know that Dead Sea Mud draws out impurities and toxins, and perhaps it was able to draw out the baking soda that had been slathered into my pores deep down? I am not sure, but I know it worked and this is what matters to me. This soap was also great on my face and neck, my skin feels refreshed and smooth and I like how clean it leaves me.

I would recommend trying this soap if you are looking for something to gently cleanse you skin.

If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review. I am not paid for my opinions.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.






No comments:

Post a Comment