Friday, August 31, 2012

Bzz Campaign Review for Covergirl with Olay Tone Rehab Foundation and Pressed Powder

I have fair skin. When you look at my face you may not think that I would use such a light makeup shade, but I do. I have always had difficulty finding a drugstore color match that did not oxidize into a orange or tan shade on my jaw or chin.

When selecting a new foundation or powder to purchase, I choose shades in Fair, Ivory, or Light. As we all know, every brand and product type, seems to have their own idea and interpretation of what a really *REALLY* light skin tone is named. Lucky for me, the  COVERGIRL & Olay foundation and pressed powder that I was sent, seems to be a great match for me. I have a cool tone, light skin type with pink undertones.

I always have dark circles under my eyes, as I have been an insomniac ever since I can remember. I also am a mommy to a happy and energetic toddler and do not get much sleep during the day to refresh my overall appearance from my lack of nightly shut eye.

The Cover Girl Tone Rehab 2-in-1 foundation (110 Classic Ivory) is housed in a sleek container and the white ribbon-like Olay Serum is laced though out the product.

When I first opened the product I immediately noticed the refreshing spa-like fragrant and was drawn to the scent. I used sparingly a total of 2 pumps on my entire face. I patted a few dots with my ring finger along my delicate under eye area. I suggest using the ring finger as it has lesser strength than the other fingers and you will not be putting as much weight and tugging of the eye area skin.

I then applied the Cover Girl & Olay pressed powder in 310 Fair. I liked the look of the mirrored compact and it felt nice in my hand. The powder was smooth and set my foundation well.

I can wear this all day, without it rubbing off and my skin stays smooth and soft. I do have naturally oily skin so I was a bit shiny at the end of the day. I would suggest a touch up here and there with the powdered compact to maintain a matte, shine free face. 

I also might recommend a translucent powder to set it further for those with really oily skin. Perhaps Cover Girl and Olay would also do a colorless translucent powder to set the face with after using these.

My overall skin condition: I do have some blemishes from time to time, but my skin is not heavy acne so I am not sure how well the coverage would do for someone who needs to camouflage a lot of blemishes. I do have large pores, these 2 items did make my face look smooth. I do not have any wrinkles so I cannot speak on how well this works for wrinkle prevention.

Overall, I really like the products. I did not have any break outs from the formulations. I have used these for 2 weeks. I normally use Mineral foundations but will continue testing these out. I would love for Cover Girl and Olay to make these same 2 products in a natural pressed mineral compact and mineral foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment