Saturday, December 29, 2012

Private Selection Cheese Bzz Agent Review

I tested out the cheese from Private Selection, but was disappointed at the flavors that were available at the store.  There were three to choose from. I chose the Monterey Buffalo flavor.

This cheese was nice in flavor, and was very smooth and creamy. It made a fantastic grilled cheese sandwich. The Monterrey Jack cheese is very mild (VERY MILD, but tasty), combined with the hint of buffalo flavor (VERY MILD STILL, in my opinion) there was a subtle kick of flavor.

I do think it was missing some more kick. I think that the buffalo wording on the package would scare some people (like my mom--who hates spicy foods) away (those who are afraid of it being too spicy). It was not as spicy as I would have thought it would be. But those who see the word "buffalo flavor" (and like the spicy kick of buffalo wings and such, may be a little disappointed that it was not spicier.

This is a favorable review on this cheese, however, I just think the buffalo flavor seemed a little on the weaker side for me and my husband personally. (It was sort of so weak we would have enjoyed it better WITHOUT any buffalo flavor at all.

It was very smooth, creamy, and melted like a dream! This made a great grilled cheese. I would love to try other types from the Private Selection brand. Thumbs way up for grilled cheese and don't you just love vintage melamine plastic plates with pink roses on them? Who says grilled cheese can't be purdy?

No comments:

Post a Comment