Saturday, December 29, 2012

Perdue Oven Ready Chicken (Thanksgiving Meal 2012) Bzz Agent Review

I was able to try the PERDUE OVEN READY Roasted Chicken from BzzAgent. I decided to serve it for my husband and daughter on Thanksgiving, yes, CHICKEN not TURKEY. I put it in the oven as directed and left it to cook in its own bag (with some salt and butter).

About halfway through the cooking process, I added low sodium organic chicken broth into the bag with the chicken and let the broth soak into the chicken. This helped make the already moist chicken even better. I really did not have to do anything to prepare the chicken besides open the bag, put in butter and some salt, bake about 90 minutes, and add broth halfway through. I probably did not even need to add broth as this bag locked in moisture already and the chicken was pre-seasoned. There was little cleanup. (always a plus!)

This simply was the easiest Thanksgiving meal I have made, and it truly was one of the best! It cooked perfectly in the bag and require no prep work whatsoever. The bag locks in the moisture and acts as basting method. I did not have to use a turkey/chicken baster and keep squeezing broth over and over.

The clean up was super easy. I highly recommend this product, and will purchase this in the near future (many times). This will become a staple in our home.

I served it with stuffing, cinnamon apples, handmade cranberry dressing, buttered sweet baby carrots, winter squash, homemade mashed potatoes and gravy and yeast rolls. Oh and homemade blackberry cobbler with whipped cream) Are you hungry yet? This meal made my family super happy and super full.

This Perdue Oven Ready Roaster is so simple, even beginner cooks can do this. The chicken was deliciously seasoned, and super tender. This tasted so wonderful, I did not miss having turkey for Thanksgiving at all. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment