Sunday, January 5, 2014

Skillet Meals from Kroger and BzzAgent




I had the opportunity to review for free, Kroger Skillet Meals courtesy of bzzagent, these are my thoughts of the meal. My family (husband, almost 3 year old daughter) and I cooked Kroger Skillet Meals in the beef stir fry. It had snow peas, water chestnuts, carrots, and green beans and broccoli. It was easy to cook, and ready in about 10 minutes. The beef was decent quality, much better than I was expecting. Sadly there was only 2 water chestnut slices in the entire bag, a little odd. I also was confused at having both snow peas and green beans, the textures and color of the two similar veggies seemed a bit of a bore. We made the garlic bread, but it was really salty and heavily buttery garlic flavor, so we barely ate any. The salad was nice and fresh (even had high quality real bacon), however the included dressing packet was only enough for one person, so we added some of our own dressing. The salad was enough for 2 people, my husband and I. Improvements that could be made to the garlic bread would be to have the buttery garlic in a separate packet to add on the bread as desired, more dressing in the salad bag, and more water chestnuts with one or the other of the long green veggies. It was nice to be able to test these out through bzzagent.


No comments:

Post a Comment