Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Queen Rose U Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow (Review)



I wanted to do a short review on a pillow I was sent recently for my unbiased opinion. I am not pregnant, but as I have back pain almost daily and frequent insomnia, and so I thought I might try something new for support. We do have a Tempur-Pedic bed that works to some extent, but I think it is too soft and does not support my back as much as I need. I am a side sleeper and I also toss and turn a lot. I use a pillow under my head, on top of my head, clutched in my arms, and in between my knees. :) We have a queen size bed so already there is not much excess space, and I am thinking of adding a GIANT crazy shaped pillow?? Yes. I might as well try.

This is 100% Cotton and looks very similar to most pregnancy pillows I have seen. In fact, it was interesting to note that the pillow was packaged twice (with pillow directions for the actual brand of the pillow as well as the pillow under the Queen Rose Amazon store name) inside the cardboard shipping box. It seems this might be a generic or wholesale brand that can be sold under the name/branding of other stores.

This oversized, U-shaped pillow is designed to follow the natural shape of a woman's pregnant body. As a woman's belly expands and the baby gets bigger (taking up more space and putting a strain on the mother's organs and such) back pain is inevitable. Support is needed to provide some relief.

While I am not pregnant, I have seen others use this type of pillow effectively for reducing strain and providing a more comfortable sleep. This can be used for drug-free pain relief and comfort (whilst sleeping) for people with all many types of health issues such as fibromyalgia, sciatica, gastric reflux, congestion, carpal tunnel syndrome, and the like.  

I do not use it as pictured in the first (stock) photo. I found that the pillow was not comfortable on my head and was not more comfortable than my memory foam pillow (Sleep Number CoolFit Foam Contour Pillow).  This was much too stiff and overstuffed for my head or neck.  I decided to flip the pillow around and have the U-shaped area at my knees/legs/feet. This worked much better for me. I am able to use this for pillow clutching (like a large teddy bear) and knee support. The U-shape still helps with back support as well.

This maternity body pillow has been used for nursing my baby as well. It is also a great lounging pillow. Overall I like this pillow a lot. It does take an incredible amount of room in the bed and I dislike when I need to get out of bed in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom as it takes a few extra moments to get fully situated and comfortable again.  I like how it aligns my knees and provides support for my back.

I am pleased that the cover unzips for washing, however, would have liked a much softer pillow case included.  I also do not think white is practical.  There are pink and blue options, however, they seem to be more pastel shades. 

This was sent to me complimentary for review. This is my honest opinion.

Queen Rose provides 30-day refund or exchange GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with the body pillow.

















No comments:

Post a Comment