Sunday, February 12, 2017

Glycolic Facial Peel by Insta Natural, a Review






I always enjoy using various clay masks, scrubs and peels on my face. As I am now in my early thirties, I want to do everything I can to slow the inevitable signs of aging skin. I try to drink a lot of water throughout the day, wash my face with only natural ingredient, sulfate free washes,and always moisturize with botanical oil based creams and serums. I love using my derma roller a few times per month as well as the occasional microdermabrasion cloth or crystals. I was recently sent a glycolic peel from Insta Natural. I have used several of their products and love the natural ingredients.  like how the majority of the ingredients are familiar to me right away without having to do a search on the internet.  


Here are the Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Allium Cepa (Onion) Bulb Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hyaluronate Acid Powder (Hyaluronic Acid)

I find that this is gentle, yet effective.  It does say to rinse off within a minute, however, I guess my face is so used to peels, derma rollers, exfoliants  etc. that I can leave this on 3-5 minutes.  The picture of me before bed in my Hot Pink Mucky Duck shirt has my face approaching the 4 minute mark.  I noticed some light red splotchiness in a few areas and some white flaking of the product as it dried.  I did not experience any burning or discomfort.  I did notice some tingling over my acne sores (oh the unsightly nose and chin acne!) as they are trying their hardest to heal but just won't quit.  My face has been having some issues lately this past month, which is quite unusual for me.  I am still breastfeeding my new baby (he is 8 months) and so my monthly period has not returned yet after his arrival, but I am thinking it may be on the horizon, which might explain my crazy skin lately.  I normally have clear skin (finally in my thirties----high school my skin was always sporting 2-3 red acne spots most days) but as seen in this picture, my skin is not happy.  Please excuse the impromptu picture at almost 1 am.  I should have at least brushed my hair.  

I like this peel a lot.  I feel comfortable using it a few times per week without issue.  It is important to be careful when going out in the sun as sensitivity may occur.  My skin feels soft immediately after using and I can apply my serums without sensitivity.  I love the glass bottle and am happy that this is a pump top.  (air and bacteria does not enter as it would with a dropper top lid)  

Suggested improvements or What I do not love about it:

It is very liquid and I would prefer it to be thicker as I feel it runs off my palm easily when applying.  I would love for it to be closer to the thickness of aloe vera gel.  

I was sent this product for the purpose of trial and evaluation, these are my own opinions and personal experience.  I was not compensated in any way for this post, other than a free bottle for testing.  

You can learn more at InstaNatural's website and follow them on Facebook.





DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.


Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.

Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment