Thursday, February 16, 2017

8 oz Cobalt Blue Glass Bottles With Trigger Sprayer Review and an UPDATE :(





*UPDATE: 3/7/17 I have ended up no longer using these bottles and decided to discard them.  Today, when using a bottle of conditioner and water to spray down my sons hair to give him a trim, a pinkish purple ink kept coming off my hands when I would touch the bottle.  The conditioner was white, but kept coming out pink and when my hands were wet, the bottle turned my hands pinkish purple.  It got on 2 of our bright white towels and a dressy white shirt (kept transferring on to anything I touched or laid the bottle on).  I had read reviews on Amazon of several issues of a purple blue dye coming off the bottles but had yet to experience it.  

Here is the original review:

I was sent (for my honest opinion and evaluation) 2 glass bottles with sprayer top. They are 8 oz and cobalt blue in color. They are listed on Amazon currently for the set of 2 at just under $8.  They are a nice size and are not heavy when carried around the house (I often will use bottles such as these for homemade disinfectant / surface cleaner made from essential oils and vinegar).

These do not appear to be the quality of my dark amber glass bottles, but these work fine for now.  The trigger sprayer tops feel overly flimsy and not the best quality.  According to the reviews on Amazon, several users have had the blue come off when they are run through the dishwasher or used extensively.  I am guessing there is a film over the glass to make it this color.  I have not (yet) experienced that issue, but I will tell you I will not be happy if this is indeed the case.  These spray without issue, but I would prefer them to be amber color and the same quality as my other glass bottles.  This particular brand is called Bottle Casters.

I am reading mixed reviews on Amazon for these bottles.  I am hoping this is indeed blue glass and not painted with a film.  I like this size much better than my large amber glass.  Currently I am using one of these for 90% rubbing alcohol to disinfect my facial derma rollers and clean my tweezers and other similar items.  I have another labeled to use for rosewater facial / hair mist.




Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.



DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.





No comments:

Post a Comment