Saturday, December 17, 2016

Organic Coconut Oil (16oz Raw Cold Pressed Extra Virgin ) by Island's Miracle



I use coconut oil for nearly everything. It all started about 2 1/2 years ago with my updated dental care routine of oil pulling and making my own (coconut oil, essential oil, bentonite clay, charcoal powder) toothpaste. I then expanded my use of coconut oil to include making my own deodorant and using it for cloth diaper safe bottom balm. It also works wonderfully for cooking, skin, and hair care. I mostly use the non odor / flavorless coconut oil for cooking, but do enjoy the coconut flavor for stirfry, Indian cuisine, or desserts.
Coconut oil is so healthy for your body on the exterior and interior. Did you know it actually can contribute to losing weight? It speeds up your metabolism to burn the excesses of fat, and gives you energy to move and exercise. Blood sugar can also be stabilized. Our body benefits in other ways by using coconut oil, such as a boost to our immune system. Coconut oil is highly antibacterial, which is why I use it in my oil pulling (swishing it in my mouth for 20 minutes then spitting out---removes toxins), toothpaste, and as a bottom balm for my babies. It does a wonderful job of removing makeup (I use it for eye makeup such as waterproof black liner and mascara) as well as a hair deep conditioning mask.

I am alway happy to try varying brands and will tell you about a brand of coconut oil that was sent to me. Islands Miracle is sold on Amazon and comes in a 16 oz jar. The jar is plastic that is BPA free, but I would have preferred glass. This oil is certified chemical free, organic, vegan and cold pressed extracted. The company offers a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied.

I liked how the coconut oil was bright white and fresh. It has a delightful coconut flavor and aroma. I am using this jar for dental care, deodorant, and skin care. I did use it once to make some simple ingredient chocolate fudge as we were out of butter, but I prefer using either butter for that purpose or the Refined, flavorless oil for cooking. The coconut oil was nice, but it overpowered my raw cacao fudge.

I have been using this nearly every day (for a month) for some sort of purpose. The jar still has plenty of use left. As mentioned, I did make a fresh glass jar of deodorant with this coconut. I mixed arrowroot powder, zinc oxide non nano powder, magnesium powder, coconut oil, and a few drops of lemon and lavender oil. I use this daily and am odor free for 24+hrs. I shower every day, but did test this for one day a few weeks ago when I learned of adding zinc oxide to my mix. I have been making my own deodorant for a few years now, but the zinc is a new (to me) and wonderful addition--I love it!







I was sent this coconut oil for review, and did not promise a positive review. I was not compensated for my review, but was sent a jar for the purpose of evaluation.

DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.

Please Follow me!

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.















No comments:

Post a Comment