Sunday, November 20, 2016

Hotter Mystery Boot, Tan Leather. Fall back in love with Hotter Originals! A Review. No more Boring Mom shoes.






It is a beautiful time of year, and while I miss summer a little already (always a summer gal here), I do love the Holidays. It is November and the leaves are still in their lovely golden, orange, and red toned hues. It is perfect boot weather. The leaves are still fluffy and crunchy, and you feel like a kid again as you purposefully kick the leaves into the air as you walk.

I must admit though, I have not been a boot lover all my life. In fact I am actually new to this. You see, its almost as if I was sworn throughout life to never find love, and then suddenly find the one (boot that is) that I want to share the rest of my life with. When you find them, you know. You just do.  I have tried boots in the past.  I have tried winter boots, and all sorts of fancy, feminine boots with a pretty heel that you see so many women wear with ease and grace, and think to yourself that you too can wear boots like them.  For hours.  You can't. (I can't, but maybe you can?). Those ladies must be in pain and feel like they might tip over at any given time. What really gets me is often they will wear boots like that and have a toddler and or baby in tow.  As a mommy to a 5 1/2 year old, 2 1/2 year old, and 6 month old, my husband and I are outnumbered (happily, but still outnumbered).  Chasing busy feet in public is what we sometimes need to do.  I need something comfortable on my feet, but I want to look nice.  I used to wear athletic shoes all the time.  I wore Nike sneakers and boot cut jeans everywhere.  I never wear t-shirts or sweatshirts out of the house, but I did not look overly put together in my sneakers and jeans.  I still felt like I was very unfashionable, somewhat frumpy, and very bland.  I enjoy being a mommy, but I was looking like a tired, worn out, unfashionable parent.

I thought I was doing myself a favor by wearing boot cut jeans.  I still wear them, mostly at home.  My jeans were comfy and a bit loose.  But I felt my plus sized body shoal wear them.  I never thought about skinny jeans or jeans that had a legging type look.  I decided to buy 2 pairs of skinny jeans from Gap online in my size as I kept seeing plus sized gals in them and they were rocking them.  It was the same time that I was given the opportunity to review some leather boots.

When I was given the opportunity to review a product from Hotter Shoes, I decided to try their boots.  Looking over the website, I saw that their boots were without a heel, and were deemed "Best Selling boots." I was not sure if the boots would be a great match for me, but they sure did look fantastic online.  I selected the Mystery Boot in Tan leather, and standard width.  I was not sure at the time if I should have ordered the Extra Wide instead of the Standard.  Being a plus sized gal (US size 16-18 jeans) and rather tall (5' 9), I was concerned the boots would not fit over my rather curvy figure.  I ordered the standard in Women's 11 and hoped for the best.  

My order took a while to arrive as it came delayed due to some shipping transit issues.  These ship from the UK and then from what I understand, are transferred to a US shipment carrier.  I contacted the company and they were very professional and kind and notified me that although the boots were currently on backorder again (they are popular), they would send replacement boots to me when they were in stock again.  Normally their orders and shipment processes take about 2 weeks (shipping promptly about 24 hours from date of ordering).  My replacement boots came promptly they were in stock again.  Instead of 2 weeks, it did take over a month and a half, but trust me when I say this, they were worth the wait.  True love is worth it.  

The boots were in a lime green shoe box (covered with a mailer bag) and wrapped with gorgeous Butterfly and Floral themed tissue paper.  They were a joy to open for sure and would be perfect for  a gift.  The leather is buttery soft, top quality, and durable.  The boots are so slouchy! Love.  The zipper is smooth and the boots have a nice stretch to them.  They have a flannel fleece like lining inside and are so cozy.









The boots feature a ruched (slouchy) leather or suede (depending on which style you select) with a stretchy zipper part. When putting these on, I was immediately impressed with the fact that the boots felt like I had been wearing them for months.  They felt like we were already old friends, soul mates / sole mates.  I had finally found the boots.  I have been wearing these every time I go out of the house.  They are that fantastic.  These fit over my curvy legs wonderfully without looking stretched out or misshapen.  These boots have an elastic side insert, a full toe area, soft lining and removable antibacterial insole.  They do have some tread on them for a nice grip when walking.  I love that they do not have a sharp heel.  They look classy, yet feel like walking shoes.  I am in awe.  I wear them with my new favorite Gap Jeans (I now have 3 pairs!) Although I am plus sized, and a mommy of 3 little ones that keep me on my toes, I feel I have greater confidence when wearing these boots.  They look great and feel great, even after wearing them hours on end.  

  • Leather collar and zip guard
  • Quality leather and nubuck
  • Removable antibacterial insole
  • Cushioned insole
  • Upper Material:
    • Black: Leather
    • Burgundy: Leather - Suede
    • Chocolate: Leather - Suede
    • Tan: Leather
    • Truffle: Suede
  • Lining Material: All Textile - Leather
  • Sole Material: All Polyurethane
  • Removable Insoles: Yes
  • Fastening Style: Zip Fastening
  • Heel Height: 23mm, 1 inch







The company is nothing short of amazing.  They want you to be fully satisfied and have what is called a "Happy Guarantee."


"We realize that getting just the right shoe and fit is really important, and we want to assure you that you can order from Hotter with complete confidence. 



If for any reason you're not 100% happy we will be pleased to refund or exchange your purchase, please see our Happy Guarantee page for full details."




I am thoroughly impressed with the service I had received from this company and the boot is amazing.  I was not previously familiar with this brand, but it has been around for years.  It is a family company, dating back to 1959.   They are passionate about quality, comfort and service.  Happy feet and happy customers.  

**As mentioned, I was sent these boots for evaluation and this is my own, honest opinion.  I was not compensated for my posting, other than a review pair of boots. **

I think these boots would make an excellent gift for a loved one this Holiday Season.  Follow Hotter Comfort Shoes on Facebook and Twitter for new products and updates.  

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.

DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.


Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.


















No comments:

Post a Comment