Thursday, October 27, 2016

O-Sip! Silicone Sippy Lids Review









When my daughter (now 5 1/2) was a toddler, she carried her sippy cup everywhere and would not put it down.  If we were out at a restaurant and forgot her sippy, we were in for a difficult time.  Of course most restaurants have a kids cup of sorts, but usually it is a regular sized "to go" cup with a lid and straw.  Our son is 2 1/2 and is fully attached to using sippy cups as well.  In fact, today we went to the Fall festival at my daughter's school, and before marching-toddling, over to the swings on the playground, my 2 1/2 year old picked up his sippy cup and had a death grip on it.  I tried to tell him it would be okay in his stroller, but he would not be convinced.  

I recently was sent some silicone sippy lids for review.  The company is called O-Sip and has lids that are (somewhat) universal in that they will fit over many different types of cups.  This is a great product to have as it makes life a bit easier.  

These lids are great for families with small children when dining at restaurants.  I actually keep 2 of these in the car (in our restaurant bag).   Our restaurant / wet bag has wipes for hands and face, a few small toys for my toddler, some crayons and paper, snacks for those restaurants that do not have bread or freebie appetizers (kids get very cranky when they see others eating and the food has not come yet) and travel bibs for when we forget our Baby Bjorn molded bibs.  I like that we can bring in one of the  O-Sip lids and turn the restaurant's cup into a sippy if we forget to bring our own.   We generally always have his sippy, but the past few months he has been in a throwing mood and will throw his sippy when it is empty.  So as you can imagine, since he is sipping on it frequently, it gets empty frequently, and is thrown frequently.  You get the picture.  :) We often find it rolling around the floor of the van when we are driving.  Having a spare lid with us at all times, makes it easier for times when we cannot spend 10 minutes looking for his missing drink.  














These are soft and stretch over many types of cups.  We are able to fit it over the Replay brand (made from milk jugs) sippy cups as well as other various cups in our kitchen.  These lids can be cleaned by soaking in boiling water to sterilize, or you can put them in the dishwasher on top rack.  


I like these lids and recommend them.  I do want to mention that we had to request a replacement lid as the orange toned one split on the first use.  I contacted the company and they happily sent me a replacement lid set.  I was pleased with the customer service.  So far the replacement lids have not given us any issues.  Please note that these may not be the best choice for those children who are prone to chewing on their sippy spouts.  Our lid split due to stretching over a cup and the silicone split on the side.  



These were sent complimentary for review.  I like this set and think they can be beneficial for those families with small children.  The colors are fun and the packaging is cute.  These are spill proof, but can leak when the spout is pinched or put pressure on with a child's mouth.  They do attract lint and hair when dropped, which is unfortunate.  

Fits openings 2.5-3.75 inches

- Recommended age 9 months+
- High-quality, food-grade silicone
- BPA and phthalate-free material
- Dishwasher safe
- Makes drink spill-proof, not leak-proof





Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.




DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.





No comments:

Post a Comment