Sunday, October 23, 2016

Brooklyn Botany Beard Balm Review



Do you need ideas for stocking stuffers for the men in your life? (I should mention, the bearded ones?) Brooklyn Botany Beard Balm comes in a pocket sized tin that contains essential oils and shea butter to soften and tame unruly beard / mustache hair. This handy product deodorizes, cleans, and softens coarse facial hair. This balm makes for a frizz-free beard and/or mustache using all-natural, botanical-rich ingredients.

I was sent this balm complimentary for my honest opinions and review.  

Ingredients:

Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Argan Oil, Sesame OIl, Olive Oil, Bees Wax, Glycerin, Proprietary Natural Fragrance, Vitamin E

Directions:

With clean hands, massage a pea-sized amount of balm between fingers. Work balm into beard and stache strands, creating any desired look. Apply as often as needed.

This balm does contain fragrance and I would have preferred this to not have its scent from a unknown source.  It mentions "Proprietary Natural Fragrance" in the ingredients.  I prefer products scented from botanical and essential oils.  I found the scent to have a powdery undertone, which is not bad, it is just a strong scent.  

I like that this balm contains Moroccan Argan Oil, Sesame Oil, Olive Oil and shea butter. These ingredients help soften, condition, and nourish hair follicles, and can encourage new growth.

I find that the fragrance is a bit overpowering for my and my husband's liking.  I like the scent overall, as it has a slight baby powder scent with a hint of floral, but think it is a bit strong for facial use.  I am using this for my eyebrows before makeup application with my brow filler (only a tiny amount of balm is needed) and he applies balm to his beard.  I find this works best for me at night before bed to encourage eye brow growth.  I am trying to thicken my brows as I prefer the old hollywood look.  If I use this balm for day, I apply it with a light hand, and allow it to fully soak into my skin and hairs (while doing other makeup application), brush through with an eyebrow comb, and then apply my brow filler/powder of choice.  












Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.

DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment