Thursday, September 8, 2016

Tea Tree Essential Oil by New York Biology (Review)







I use tea tree oil (and other various essential oils) daily for a variety of uses.  I cloth diaper my 2 youngest children and I make my own cloth wipe solution.  I use bamboo cotton baby wash cloths and a Munchin wipes warmer.  The solution is water, coconut oil (fractionated / liquid state) rose water, jojoba oil, calendula oil, argan oil, natural sulfate free baby shampoo, lavender and tea tree.  I sometimes add in pure aloe vera when I have it on hand.  Tea tree does not have the most pleasant scent in my opinion, but I always add it because it is wonderful for preventing bacteria and healing skin irritation.  It keeps the water and wipes fresh and prevents molding to the cloth wipes.

I also like to use about 3 drops of tea tree on our wool dryer balls to freshen things in the laundry.  We do not use the chemical laden, heavily fragranced dryer sheets as they are terrible for our skin and cause buildup on our dryer and clothing.  Felted 100% wool dryer balls make our clothing static free and very soft.  Some of our dryer balls have a heart shape on them (the wool was dyed brown and shaped into a heart before it was felted) and those are the ones I add tea tree oil for scent.

Tea tree is also a potent, yet gentle skin healer for infections and wounds.  I often will mix some argan oil, sweet almond, or jojoba oil (or water carrier oil I decide to use) with tea tree and use this as a spot treatment if I have a blemish on my face.  (Always dilute the tea tree with a career oil when using on skin).  Tea tree is strong and could irritate skin if used alone.  Tea tree can be added to shampoo to treat dandruff or itchy scalp.  My husband likes to use tea tree in his hot foot bath.  He adds tea tree, jojoba oil, lavender oil and some epson salts and soaks his tired and (smelly) feet after a long day of being rushing around on concrete floor in his work shoes (he works at a restaurant).  

New York Biology sent me a sample bottle of their tea tree oil to evaluate.  I have been using it the past month (daily) and still have about 2/3 bottle left.  I find that it is comparable to other top quality tea tree oils I have used in the past.  The scent is strong and it works well for our family's needs.  It comes in an amber colored glass bottle with a dropper.  This was sent complimentary but my opinion of this product would be the same if I purchased it.  I recommend it if you are looking for a nice quality essential oil.  The company has many other oils to choose from in their Amazon store and their website.

Feel free to visit them on Facebook.







Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.



DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.




































No comments:

Post a Comment