Sunday, September 4, 2016

InstaNatural's Natural Deodorant (Review)



Have you made the switch to natural deodorant? As most of you know, I have been using natural ingredient products for the past several years and deodorant is certainly one of the changes / improvements I have made.  My body sweats less, has very little to no odor, and I love that I am not harming my skin or body with chemicals.  I also like how natural deodorant smells better.  I now realize just how synthetic the typical "fragrances" of popular, chemical based deodorants.   I used to love Secret and Lady Mitchum.  Those were my "go to" deodorants and I always would select a brand that had a high percentage (20%) of the Aluminum Zirconium.  Apparently the company has reformulated and now uses Aluminum Sesquichlorohydrate 25%, which I am sure is just another form of chemical.  Secret contains between 19 and 20% (of the Aluminum Zirconium) depending on whether you get regular or clinical.  Both brands contain fragrance and a list of chemical ingredients that I do not want in my body.  Most deodorants contain toxic ingredients: Parabens, Propylene Glycol, Perfumes/Fragrances, Triclosan, Aluminum, and more.  Years ago I would use the strongest women's deodorants I could find and I still would sometimes have odor and sweat more than I wanted.  

Now, please know, that sweating is actually great and healthy.  It is how the body breathes and releases toxins.  But when bacteria is on the skin, odor occurs.  I have found that the simplest of natural ingredients keeps me fresh and smelling sweet.  

I often make my own deodorants out of essential oils, coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, arrowroot, and magnesium powder.  I skip the baking soda as it irritates my skin, but some other individuals may have no issues.  Increasing the arrowroot, and adding magnesium powder makes my deodorant potent, yet still gentle.  

There are occasions that I like a ready made product.  My recipe above is generally a cream that I rub into my clean underarms, and to make it solid, I generally need to add beeswax which sometimes makes a slight yellow staining overtime on some shirts.  I am not quite as skilled in making solid deodorant, and so often purchase natural ones from other companies when I am not wanting to try my hand at mixing.  My favorite stick deodorant is LaVanila.  I like the scents as they are infused with a hint of musky, sultry vanilla.  The ingredients are botanical and there is no baking soda!  It is difficult to find a natural, non baking soda deodorant.  

I was happy to learn that InstaNatural, a company I have reviewed items for in the past, has a natural deodorant and it is baking soda free.  Here is the tube, fully sealed in a plastic wrapping.  This kept it safe from accidental leaks as it is still summer here.  




As with a fair amount of natural deodorants, this one was a bit uneven  and jagged when first opening.  I like to warm it with my finger and smooth it out prior to first use.  It applies more comfortably this way.  I tested this for a week, then my husband used it the rest of the month.  (yeah we are married, so it was okay, lol) This still has product in the tube, and is used daily.  

Here are the ingredients.  It does list Propylene Glycol and a few other ingredients that I am unsure about, but they list these ingredients as naturally derived.  

Ingredients

Propanediol*, Propylene Glycol (Biobased)*, Water (Aqua), Sodium Stearate*, Saccharomyces Ferment (DeoPlex) (Organic), Sodium Caproyl/Lauroyl Lactylate*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf Extract, Triethyl Citrate*, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Extract. *Naturally Derived



This naturally-derived deodorant was tested by my husband mainly as he was in need of a deodorant and his usual natural deodorant was not working as well as he liked.  I did try it for a week and liked it.  This contains "Organic DeoPlex (TM)", which contains enzymes to neutralize odors and offer all day protection.  This did not irritate either of our skin.  We both love the unisex, fresh, essential oil scent.  The deodorant contains Lavender Extract, Sage Oil, Lime Extract, Orange Oil and Lemon Extract. The essential oils act as a natural deodorizer, and are antibacterial. 

We are pleased with this product and I recommend you give it a try if you are looking for a new deodorant.  Please note that if you are making a switch from traditional deodorant to natural, you may go through a detox period (you may become sweatier or stinkier for a month or two when switching).  I went through that phase a few years ago, and it was in the middle of summer when we had some air conditioning issues in our nearly 100 year old home.  It was not pleasant, but I made it though and and so satisfied with my new lifestyle of natural products.

This was sent to me complimentary for my honest opinion.  It does have a few ingridients that I might prefer not to be included, however, it is still a fantastic product and better than traditional deodorants.  

Learn more about InstaNatural on their website and Follow them on Facebook.



DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review. I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers. I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions. My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission. I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones.


Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.





SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment