Friday, May 13, 2016

First Botany Cosmeceuticals Coconut Milk Dead Sea Salt Scrub (Review)




I love coconut everything.  I drink it as a base liquid in my smoothies (coconut milk mixed with almond milk), use the unrefined, virgin coconut oil in my hair, face, body care products (make my own toothpaste and deodorant, oil pull for oral hygiene, etc.) as well as make cloth diaper safe bottom ointment for our baby.  I was excited to try a product from First Botany Cosmeceuticals.  It is a body scrub made with coconut milk, oils, and dead sea salt.  Coconut Milk Body Scrub is made with Coconut, 6 essential oils, and dead sea salt.  It contains many skin nourishing ingredients, including Vitamins A, B and E, and contains fatty acids.  It comes in a generously sized jar and sits on the side of my tub in the bathroom.  I use it on my face, chest, shoulders, legs, ankles and heels.  I pretty much use it anywhere that needs polishing and smoothing.  The oil makes it glide along my skin gently, while the salt takes care of the rough patches.

I have been using it almost daily and a little goes a long way.  You need to be careful as it can make the tub slippery on the floor.  It does have a slight coconut smell, but not as sweet or as luxuriously coconut as I had hoped.  It is not a bad smell, just a bit faint and not as fresh or vibrant as I would like.    

Some users on Amazon reported that theirs was open or spilled in transit.  Mine arrived fully sealed and in bubble wrap with no issues.  I like that this is concentrated with salt and I find that I do not need to use much.  I like how each jar has an expiration date on the bottom, easily visible, along with the lot / batch number.  

I like using this to prep my legs before shaving with my badger hair shaving brush and vintage Lady Gillette safety razor.  I want to mention that you can irritate your skin if you use this AFTER shaving.  I do not generally have an issue on my legs or under arms, but my husband tried this on his face after touching up under his beard and he had some razor burn.  I did have one issue with a slight redness on my legs after using this after shaving, but that was due to me running late for my prenatal doctors appointment and me being in a rush to shave.  (Safety razors are great, but take your time please).  

I recommend this product and like using it.  I want to mention that it was sent to me complimentary for honest evaluation, but if you read my blog regularly, I do not like everything I review.



 








• Infused with skin-softening milk.
• Refines skin's texture for a polished appearance.
• Stimulates and exfoliates.
• Moisturizes skin with safflower seed and grape seed oils.
• Abundant with vitamins A, B and E.
• Rich in protein which is fabulous for damaged skin.




DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog.  I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review.  I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers.  I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions.  My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours. 


Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission.  I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones. 


Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.


















No comments:

Post a Comment