Saturday, April 23, 2016

TriNova Pet Stain & Odor Remover Review








We have had a terrible stomach virus going around our household the past week and a half. My husband had it for about 4 days, he was vomiting and dizzy, with aches and pains. Luckily he was more than able to make it to the toilet.  My 5 year old got it a few days after him and was able to make it to the toilet only half of the time.  I was changing her bedding at least once per day, and twice we had some issues on her carpet. I was able to clean up the mess but the carpet was badly stained and I knew I needed to use something on it. I luckily had been sent a pet stain and odor remover recently from TriNova for evaluation.  We do not have any pets, but since it was a natural cleaner I thought I would give it a try.

TriNova's Pet Stain & Odor Remover is a spray cleaner that has a blend of natural enzymes designed to penetrate stains and odors to clean and neutralize, and lift from fabrics and carpets.  TriNova has been designed to work effectively on a wide range of surfaces, including carpet, rugs, upholstery and more.  I had previously tried TriNova Castile Soap and liked it.  I felt it worked just as well as Dr. Bronner's that we use.  I was excited to try their stain remover.  

I received the bottle and it was fully sealed and included the spray nozzle.  I was disappointed that the ingredients are not listed on the bottle.  I realize this is natural, but I was not happy that I could not see exactly what it contained.  The fragrance of the spray is a bit off putting to me, as I was expecting more of an essential oil smell such as peppermint, orange, or lavender.  It is a bit strong and perfume like.  

I tried it on the vomit stain and it helped some, but the stain remained very yellow afterward and did not improve.  I realize I should have taken before and after pictures, but to be honest, in the heat of the moment, I was a bit overwhelmed and out of sorts cleaning all of her bedding and several spots on the floor (not to mention I needed to bathe her as well).  My 34 week pregnant body was already won out from the events of the day and my 2 year old was a bit of a distraction as well even in the play yard. :) I got out my carpet extractor and shampooer and used some of my Nellies Natural Laundry Soda, a little Oxygen powder, and water and was able to fully remove the stain.  

I generally use Kids N Pets enzyme cleaner (we have been out of for a few months) which I have found effective for so many stains (even when we had an older dog years ago).  The Kids N Pets smells lighter and seems to work better.  

Unfortunately the TriNova seemed to work best as a pre-treatment on the stain, but not as a stand alone product.  I also was not fond of the scent.  Perhaps if the fragrance could be either unscented or more natural smelling, I would be more excited to use it.  I like enzyme cleaners and find that they generally work, but it is possible that this was just a stubborn stain.  I only tested this out on the vomit stains in the carpet.  The fragrance is a bit too strong for me to try this on other areas.  With me being in my third trimester of pregnancy, certain fragrances bother me and this was one of them.

Although this stain remover spray did not work as for me, it may very well work for you.  I  do however recommend their Castile soap, and that you check out their website for a wide variety of natural cleaning products.  


For more information, you can visit the TriNova website as well as follow them on Facebook and Twitter.  




Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.



DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog.  I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review.  I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers.  I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions.  My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours.  

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission.  I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones. 









No comments:

Post a Comment