Thursday, March 10, 2016

Garnier Olia Hair Color Dark Blond 7.0 Review



For those that read my blog regularly, you know I am not one to use chemicals in our household cleaners, bath, body, or hair care products.  I have been sulfate free for 3 years+ and have been using natural body care products for about the same time as well.  I used to use at home hair color on my hair about once per month to cover a few premature grey, but have been using Henna, Indigo and Amla for the past 2 years.  

My husband cannot stand the smell of Henna (it smells very earthly and like hay and herbs) and he refuses to deal with the mess (true, it is very messy as it is basically like putting mud in your hair and leaving it in for 4-8 hours).  I love the results of healthier, softer, fuller hair and how it is chemical free, so I deal with the messy, smelly, time consuming aspects of it.  

My husband wants easy, (easy to apply, easy to clean up, etc.) and he is not as patient.  I had heard about Olia hair color a few years ago and had tried it once when I was using chemical based, at home colorants.  As I am a participant of CrowdTap, I was selected as one of the evaluators of Olia hair color (sent to us free for review) and we selected for my husband to test the product and provide his / our honest opinion.  



I love that it has a gentler formula and ingredients than other traditional store bought, at home hair colors. I personally use oils to cleanse and condition my face and hair.  The Olia Hair Color is made up of a 60% oil blend, with natural botanical oils in the colorant. It does not have a chemical smell and seems like it is gentler. My husband colors his hair every few months and so far likes this product. He used 7.0 Dark Blond. Please be aware that this does still have chemicals and sadly the oils are found at the end of the ingredient list, which leads me to assume they are less potent in the formulation.   I am not fond of the high amount of chemicals in this color.  


Ingredients
Colorant: Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Aqua/Water/Eau, Ethanolamine, Steareth-20, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Polysorbate 21, Toluene-2,5-Diamine, Steareth-2, Resorcinol, Parfum/Fragrance, M-Aminophenol, 2,4-Diaminophenoxyethanol Hcl, Sodium Metabisulfite, N,N-Bis(2-Hydroxyethyl)-P-Phenylenediamine Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid, Edta, Polyquaternium-67, Hydroxybenzomorpholine, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil/Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata/Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Thioglycerin
After Color Conditioner: Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Amodimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trideceth-6, Citric Acid, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Cetrimonium Chloride
Developer: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Steareth-20, Peg-4 Rapeseedamide, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-6, Hexadimethrine Chloride, Tocopherol, Pentasodium Pentetate, Sodium Stannate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Phosphoric Acid
He has only had this on his hair for less than a week.  I am concerned that the color will fade quickly as it is mixed with oils.  With Henna it is advised to not mix with oils or condition with oils as it will not allow the color to deposit on the hair as strong or last as long.  When doing Henna (I always use body art quality, pure henna from an Indian grocery or trusted seller) I always apply to freshly washed, unconditioned hair, immediately after washing so my hair will accept the henna with no issues.    
Here is what Garner Olia claims with their product:
Visibly improves and restores hair as the oils help to reverse roughness and dullness for more brilliant, dimensional color and softer, shinier hair with bounce.
· Pure, vivid, long-lasting color · Softer, shinier hair with bounce · 100% gray coverage · No ammonia
· Pleasant fragrance · Non-drip velvet cream · Optimal comfort during application
As for application, my husband says this was easy to apply, however he was not fond of the bottle applicator as it was a bit awkward to hold.  He would have preferred a different applicator tip, such as ones he has used with more than one hole, such as a comb tip.  This is just his preference. 
He liked the pleasant fragrance while applying the color, and did not feel he had to have the bathroom fan on.  The product needed less than 30 minutes to leave on his hair and was easy to rinse out.  He has told me that there was no color run in the shower when washing his hair within 48 hours later.  He liked this color and said he might try it again.  
This review was our honest evaluation, the color was sent to him complimentary and neither of us received any compensation other than his sample box.
This Olia hair color product is available on Amazon.  




We liked the black gloves, they did rip a little, but were nicer than usual gloves in these type of at home kits.



This is my husband's natural hair color, which is a golden beige blond.  He has finely textured, naturally curly hair.  

This had a pleasant fragrance during application and during developing.  

After rinsing out the Dark Blond 7.0 Olia color.  My husband and I agree that the color looks a little more auburn than we we hoping and expecting.  This was taken in the evening, under a fluorescent lighting fixture in our bathroom.  

DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog.  I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review.  I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers.  I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions.  My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours. 
Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission.  I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones. 


Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment