Sunday, March 6, 2016

All-Purpose Cleaner TriNova Castile Soap Review





We have been using natural cleaners for our home and body for the last 4 years or so.  I find that cleaning is better when natural ingredients are used, and it is so much healthier for our skin, our breathing, and the environment.  I like to use essential oils, vinegar, baking soda, and castile soap for most everything.  I had been using Dr. Bronner's Castile soap as it is the most widely available and well known, but recently was introduced to another brand that gives similar results.  TriNova  is a non-toxic and environmentally friendly company providing excellent products for a variety of household needs.  I was given the opportunity to sample and evaluate their castile soap complimentary for my honest opinion.  I was not  compensated for this review other than a free bottle of castile soap for review.  

This arrived promptly in a box and was sealed without any spillage.  The bottle originally came with a screw on lid, however I found a pump bottle lid in my supply cabinet and it fit perfectly.  I would recommend the company include a complimentary pump with future orders for customers as it make things simpler for daily use.  








If you have never tried castile soap of any brand, you should know that it is a wonderful product.  I find it to be a gentle, yet highly effective all-purpose cleaner.  While Dr. Bronner's Castile does come in various fragrances (essential oil infused) you can get unscented, which is what we mainly use.  TriNova only comes in unscented as far as I know.  It is great because you cold actually add any essential oil to it if you desired.  TriNova's Castile Soap comes in a convenient liquid form and can easily be diluted to serve almost any cleaning purpose that may arise.  The bottle is already generous in size (32 oz), but since this can be diluted, this bottle will last a long while.  

This product can be used most anywhere in your home from kitchen countertops to your bathroom, making it the perfect solution for all of your home cleaning needs.  I use castile soap in my mop bucket with a few drops of pine, lemon, lavender, or peppermint essential oil (tea tree works wonderful as well, it just is a bit on the strong scent for me to use.)

It is said that castile soap can clean glass to give a streak-free shine to your glass windows or doors, although I have yet to try it for that purpose.  I generally use rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle.  Some people have fantastic results with its use as a natural laundry detergent, but again, I have not tried that as we use soap nuts (I have tried several ones and like this brand for its freshness and quality.  They use the Sapindus Mukorossi species which contain higher amount of saponin.) and Nellies Laundry Soda Powder.  We blend water with soap nuts in our blender and this creates a crazy good foam.  We find it works well for our cloth diapers too.   

TriNova's Castile Soap contains natural ingredients that make it safe for use on any surface in and around your home.   I keep it by the sink in the kitchen and use it on our hands as well.  It does not cause irritation or dryness.  I use castile soap as a body wash as well.  It is strong enough for use in household tasks such as your toilet, but gentle enough to be used as a body wash or even as a pet shampoo.  Some people have great results using it as a hair shampoo, but we have extremely hard water and I get a film on my hair when I use soap based products in my hair.  If you do try it as a shampoo, I suggest you rinse with apple cider vinegar and water after wards to balance PH and assist with detangling.  I find that 2 tablespoons per 8 ounces of water works best.  Too much acv and hair can get overly conditioned and leans towards a oilier or heavier appearance.  

I have been using this castile soap for a week and find it works just as well as our usual brand.  I love the addition of the pump that I added.  To learn more about this brand, you can visit their website.   This is available on Amazon.  







You can also learn more about TriNova by visiting them on Facebook and Twitter.

I liked this castile soap and have been using it mainly in our kitchen, but have tested it for our hands and body with no issues.  I find it works comparably to Dr. Bronner's.


DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog.  I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review.  I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers.  I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions.  My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours. 


Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission.  I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones. 




Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment