Thursday, February 25, 2016

Way Better Snacks Sweet Chili Tortilla Chips (Review)



I was sent a free sample (single serving bag) of Way Better Snacks Sweet Chili Tortilla Chips through Influenster.




I really was impressed that it had radishes and broccoli as that was unexpected for a tortilla chip.  I like that these chips are high in Omega-3 essential fatty acids and antioxidants.  I find them similar (in texture, appearance and ingredients) to the Food Should Taste Good chips (however we prefer those as a simple multigrain tortilla chip over the Way Better Snacks based on the flavor of the sent sample).



The Food Should Taste Good has several other flavor varieties, but we only have tried the regular multigrain ones.  The ingredients: Stone Ground Corn, High Oleic Sunflower Oil and/or Safflower Oil and/or Canola Oil, Brown Rice Flour, Flax Seeds, Evaporated Cane Juice, Oat Fiber, Sesame Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Quinoa, Soy Flour, Sea Salt.

I love that the Way Better chips have sprouted flax seed, sprouted quinoa, sprouted chia seed, all of which I often add to my daily fruit and protein smoothies.  The ingredients of this brand seem a bit more impressive: stone-ground non-GMO corn, sunflower and/or safflower oil, sprouted seed and grain blend (sprouted flax seed, sprouted quinoa, sprouted chia seed, sprouted broccoli seed, sprouted daikon radish seed), seasoning (raw cane sugar, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, native potato starch, onion, garlic, cayenne pepper).  

I like how they are crunchy and I think go well with a sandwich (I had them with a pulled pork bbq sandwich).  







What I do not like: As I was sent a sample bag for free, I was not given a choice of flavor variety.  I was sent the Sweet Chili and would had preferred the Black Bean, Multigrain, Unsalted Blue, or Sweet Potato.  The Sweet Chili was not terrible, (my husband loved it) it just reminded me of the Red Chili infused hummus my husband always buys and (I prefer the plain hummus as it goes with more options for food) it gets tiring after a few bites (for me at least).  This is just my opinion of it and I am sure others will thoroughly enjoy the Red Chili flavor.  

5 stars for the ingredients, appearance and type of chip.  3 1/2 stars for the flavor of the Red Chili. 

I got a free sample single serving bag from influenster, however this is my honest evaluation.


DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation for a product review and/or link to any products or services from this blog.  I am always honest in my opinions and never promise a positive review.  I only recommend products or services that I feel are beneficial to my family and my lovely readers.  I enjoy testing out items and giving my readers an honest and descriptive account of how a product functions.  My personal experience or view of an item may differ than yours. 

Tiny Drops of Honey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You pay the exact same price for any and all products you order through my links, but I receive a small commission.  I am a stay at home mommy and any commissions I receive help support my little ones. 


Please follow me on:

Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways.  For updates on new posts, you can subscribe to me on bloglovin.  I would love it if you would visit me (subscribing makes me so happy) on Instagram and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment