Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Women's Junior Plus Size Embroidery Print Maxi Dress Review




Maxi dresses have been the "in" thing for years now. They are comfortable, fit a variety of dress sizes/body shapes, and can easily go from lunch and shopping to dinner date. As it is now summer where I live I like wearing these type of dresses as they are so easy to wear with my beloved Saltwater Sandals.

I was sent a maxi dress from Libian.  They have such fashion forward clothing for plus sized gals like me.  The dress I was sent is  97% Rayon, 3% Spandex.  I love how this is made in USA by Libian themselves and not something they bought in bulk overseas.

This dress comes in Jr Plus Sizes 1X, 2X, 3X.  You need to go by measurement as they are not necessarily your regular plus size.  I wear a US size 18 and am 5' 9".  I mistakingly ordered 2X, which fit fine, but was looser than I was hoping.  I think the extra material (me ordering the next size up) made it not as sliming as it could be.

Please refer to measurements below:

Bust: (1X)36-40 inches (2X)38-42 inches (3X)40-44 inches
Length: (1X)50 inches (2X)50.5 inches (3X)51 inches
Hip: (1X)46 inches (2X)48 inches (3X)50 inches
Waist: (1X)36-40 inches (2X)38-42 inches (3X)40-44 inches

I love the dress and the white faux embroidery is beautiful.  I appreciate the faux embroidered areas as I do not have to worry about a bracelet getting caught and snagging or loosening the threads.  (happens more often than not on my sweaters---I wear a lot of charm type bracelets).

The length works well on me when worn with my Salt Water Sandals, which are very flat.  I probably could have worn something with a heel and been completely fine (but honestly, chasing after a 4 1/2 year old and now a 13 month old who will walk any day now---I won't be wanting to wear heels anytime soon).  The dress is fly and easy to walk in.

The material is soft and did not make me hot.  I do need to wear a strapless bra with this, but if you are smaller on top you may not need to.  I wore this with a lightweight cotton cardigan, mainly as I knew we would be in air conditioning, but also as I dislike my upper arms.

I highly recommend this brand and this particular dress.  It is nice to see plus sized items that look fashionable.  This dress is available on Amazon: Libian Maxi Smucking Dress

*I was sent this dress for my honest opinion and evaluation.













No comments:

Post a Comment