Thursday, June 4, 2015

Ionic Under-Eye Massager by Swiss Ultimate Labs Review


As I ease into my early thirties I am becoming more aware of my skin and diligent in protecting it and preventing the signs of aging.  I have been using Vitamin C serums, Hyaluronic Acid, and various peptides creams and natural ingredient based anti wrinkle creams.  I also have been sulfate free and use primarily oils (Rosehip, Argan, Jojoba, Castor, etc) for removing makeup and cleansing my face.  I do not have many fine lines and no wrinkles, however I do have some areas around my eyelids that need improvement, as well as my dark under eye circles that I have been a concern for some time.

I was recently introduced to a product that uses sonic infusions and negative ions to assist with improving the absorption and potency of skin creams and serums.  I have been using various sonic brush cleansing (not Clarisonic, but similar) systems and had known that not only are they fantastic for cleansing, but also great great for circulation and building resiliency in the skin.  As we age skin loses collagen and elastin and I want to slow this process and delay it as long as possible.

I was sent an ionic infusion wand from Swiss-Ultimate Labs, they have a few different similar wands in their Amazon store.

I have been using their recommended serum (Swiss Ultimate Eye Serum with Argireline + Ilomastat along with Hyalurnic Acid, Seaweed, and other anti wrinkle ingredients.)  I was sent this serum (that could also be described as a cream) so that is what I have been using, however you could use whatever anti wrinkle cream or Vitamin C / Hyaluronic Acid serum combo you normally use.  

In my package they sent a flyer to evaluate your fine lines and wrinkles near your day area.  I luckily have not started getting to that point yet, but here is the guide if you are interested.  Also linked are the instructions on how to use the wand for best results.  

Swiss-Ultimate: Wrinkle Grade Chart

Sonic-Ionic Treatment: Instruction Guide

Swiss-Ultimate Labs uses negative-ion, micro-electric pulses & ultrasonic therapy to gently stimulate blood circulation, and infuse treatments into your skin.  The device provides a light massage and is very relaxing to me at the end of the day after I have freshly cleansed my skin.  It is recommended to do this for about 30 seconds around each eye 1-2 times per day to stimulate collagen and elastic in the skin and lightly tap the product into the skin for faster absorption and more precise application.  

Using a sonic wand around 140+ sonic beats per second.  The tip of the wand is smooth and the touch resembles the pad of a fingertip when lightly used around my eye area.  The instruction guide above shows recommended patterns for the eye area, but you can also use this on your brow, forehead and lip areas.  I have not used around my lips or mouth, but I definitely give my entire eye, brow, and forehead a light stimulating massage after application of my serums.  I apply my Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid over my entire face and then use the Swiss Ultimate Labs Serum on my under eye area, lids, between my brows, and on my forehead.  

Lightly touch the wand to your skin and it automatically senses contact.  There is a silver conductor bar that when your fingers touch that part and the tip of the wand touch your skin, it begins to work.  It shuts off when it is removed from the skin.  Clever little wand.  It is recommended that you use the formulation patterns mentioned in the above guide.  

I have only been using this about 3 weeks but I am loving the device.  The serum is lightweight and is not greasy or sticky.  It contains some great ingredients for skincare.  Some of the ingredients do sound slightly chemical based or synthetic so I am unsure what all is in there. (but then again, as much as I try to be as natural as possible, several of my beauty products / makeup items still have some synthetics in them.)

Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract (a new ingredient for me) is added into the serum.  I looked it up and learned it is popular with ancient medicine for reducing inflammation in the skin (great for puffy eye areas or irritation) as well as protecting cells from damage.  Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil is a fancy name for Argan oil.  I love using this oil daily as it is incredible for skin and hair.  

I love how this is a curved wand and how lightweight it is to hold.  The tip is comfortable and this is a pleasant, relaxing experience when using the device.  I am reviewing 2 other wands from the company and will compare those in the next week or so.  I do like how the others are more slightly portable as they are smaller (thus fitting easier in a travel makeup bag).  

I do want to mention, that the box and stock photo show a gold base, mine had a white base which is obviously cosmetic, however I think they champagne gold would have been nice as I  think it looks classier and higher end.  I like how the serum dispenses, it is easy for travel.  

Ingredients:

Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Seaweed Extract, Water, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Hesperidin Methyl, Chalcone, Ilomastat, Steareth-20, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3, Carnosine, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7


I will be doing a full review on the serum in the next week or so.  You can find the Wand and the Serum on Amazon.

*These 2 products were sent to me for my honest review and opinion.  All thoughts are my own.  I liked these and think they are useful.  Currently the prices are reasonable if you want to try these for yourself.

















No comments:

Post a Comment