Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Generic Replacement Gel Pads for Abdominal Belts, (Compatibile with Ab Flex / Slendertone / Flex Belt) Review







Back in December of 2014, I received a Slendertone/Flex belt system to review.  My husband uses it about 1-2 times per week and really likes it.  He actually wears it for about an hour or 2 under his suit while at work (his is a restaurant manager at a busy hotel--and serves as a waiter there each day as well, so keeps on his feet the entire 9-10 hour shift).  Some weeks he will use it every day.  The pads were getting pretty yucky and losing their stick, especially since his stomach resembles quite the cave man appearance.  LOL.  Replacement pads should really be replaced every 30 days and so his were well past their prime.  I am sure that recommendation is for people who use them 1-2 times per day for 30 days.  He does use it a lot, however, 1-2 times per week mostly.

Either way, it is costly to replace the pads as 1 pair is $15 and I am sure there is shipping and tax added onto that.  I was contacted by a company that does generic pads at around 3 pairs for $19.  The pads work similar but do have more generic packaging.

Gel pads assist the Slendertone conduct electrical pulses to targeted nerves and muscles in the abdomen area.  This is a 3 pack of replacement gel pads designed to be used with Flex Belt (3 sets , 9 piece ).  These are a gel like sticky pad that is latex-free.  The actual generic name of the ones I was sent is "PEM® Gel Pads."  These are not designed or sold by the Slendertone / Flex Belt company, no endorsed by them.  I would say they are similar.  Being that they are generic, I am not sure if they will last as long as the ones we had from the actual brand (that lasted several months for one pair).  We have tested one pair for a month (about 2 times per month).  So far they are holding up.  He can get probably another 1-2 times per week out of these for another month.  It is said that each pad lasts for approximately 20- 30 sessions.

*These were sent to me from the pam Gel pads company, all thoughts are my own.  I was not compensated in any way other than a free product for facilitating this review.  I never promise a positive rating.











No comments:

Post a Comment