Friday, May 1, 2015

100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Lavender Essential Oil By āVō Essentials Review

If you read my blog with any regularity, you know I review a lot of essential oils and natural products.  I have reviewed at least 4 brands of Lavender Oil (and personally bought that many brands myself) and all are 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Lavender Essential Oil.  I had thought that I had a good understanding of what Lavender smelled like, a fresh clean fragrance and slightly bitter floral.  I like Lavender, but sometimes the bitter strong fragrance is a bit much for me.

I was sent another brand this past month and it is also 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Lavender Essential Oil, and undiluted, with no chemicals, additives, or preservatives.  I was not honestly expecting to be surprised as all the lavenders I have used all smelled fairly similar.  When I opened it and sniffed it, I at first thought that it had added fragrances, like perhaps roses or an additive.  The smell was beautiful and like a perfume.  I thought for sure this was not 100% pure.

After reading up on the brand info, they mentioned how this is a different form.  It still has therapeutic properties, no additives, and is pure essential oil, however it is Bulgarian Lavender Oil.
I did not know there was a difference.  The company explains that Bulgaria has a climate and environment that is ideal for producing top quality Lavender.

The smooth, relaxing aroma and healing properties of our Lavender Oil make it perfect for aromatherapy, natural healing, and household use. Our lavender plants are grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides or any other harmful additives.  Bulgarian Lavender has a sweeter aroma than French Lavender.  I am loving this one.  Sadly a few days ago my husband casually told me that he knocked over one of my bottles of essential oils.  He said it was one of my lavenders. (He does not like my clutter of bottles that I call my apothecary shelf.  I was praying it was one of the lavenders I have either purchased from Whole Foods or that I had previously reviewed.  Nope, of course not.  It was this one.  So what previously was a generous 4 oz bottle is now a 2 oz or possibly less.  I guess I cannot blame him too much, I had the lid off and left the room to get cloth wipes from the dryer to put in our baby's wipes warmer to refill with new homemade coconut oil, water, castile soap and lavender oil solution, and he knocked over the open bottle.  It was a sad, sad, day.  I will tell you this. I love this brand of Lavender and the smells is intoxicatingly wonderful to me.  It is a nice addition in the wipes solution after a particularly unpleasant diapered bottom.  It is a disinfectant, antimicrobial and skin soothing product.  The fragrance is aroma therapy to me.  I would not hesitate to purchase this myself when I need more. (despite my large collection of Lavender)

This product is highly concentrated.  I add 5 drops of Lavender oil per 10ml of carrier oil.  I generally use jojoba and fractionated coconut oils in my wipes solution.  When used in my baby's bath, I use 1-2 drops.

*I was sent 1 bottle for review, this is my honest opinion.

This is available on Amazon.







No comments:

Post a Comment