Friday, April 3, 2015

Advanced Hair Repair Shampoo & Conditioner by Arvazallia Review




I love trying new shampoo, it is a bit difficult sometimes as we are a sulfate free family. I started my sulfate free lifestyle 2 years ago and my husband and 2 little ones have been sulfate free as well for almost the same amount of time. My husband realizes now how dry and irritated his scalp and skin would get and now notices when his hands use a sulfate based hand soap. I have also been using more oils and natural ingredients. One oil I have come to adore is Argan oil. I use in in my oil cleansing and in my hair. 

I was recently sent a 3 Piece Shampoo, Conditioner, and Hair Mask set that uses Argan oil and is sulfate free.  The brand is called Arvazallia and the set I was sent included 1 Repair Moisturizing Shampoo (10.56 oz), 1 Repair Daily Conditioner (10.56 oz), and 1 Hydrating Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner (8.45 oz). It has a nice fragrance and comes in pretty red bottles. The one thing I noticed right away is that these are made in China, which is unfortunate. We like getting USA made products.

The bottles are tall and slim and sleek. They are attractive, however they are difficult to squeeze the product out of. I generally prefer shampoo and conditioner in pump bottles. Both my husband and I tried this shampoo and like the fragrance and how it makes our hair look and feel. I do want to mention that the shampoo has some chemical sounding ingredients and I am not fond of the Dimethicone (silicone) in the conditioner, which for sulfate free ladies and gents, is difficult to remove and builds up over extended use.  

I like how the products are infused with cosmetic grade Argan oil and Macadamia oil, and I like how they are sulfate free and paragon free.  Besides water, and those ingredients, I did not see much else that was natural.  I found that using the conditioner was a bit heavy for me, and i think that is due to the fact that my hair is used to being washed only twice per week and has normalized in its natural oils.  I do not get greasy until the 4th day of unwashed hair (I wash on the 4th day).  I no longer really need conditioners.  My husband uses the hair mask once per week as his hair is naturally curly and he likes using masks to contain the curls and prevent frizziness.  

This is a nice set, but I would prefer it to be much more natural.  I usually add Argan oil to my shampoos or a drop or 2 into my hairs and smooth into my hair.  There is a particular shampoo that I like and the only ingredients it has are: Water, Calendula Blend, Burdock Root, Nettle Leaf, Decyl Glucoside, Coco Betaine, Vegetable Glycerin, Hemp Seed Oil, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Guar Gum, Citric Acid, Essential Oil Blend of Grapefruit, Tangerine, Ylang Ylang, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide.  

My hair is soft when I use this and brushes easily, and I find that the Dimethicone is the ingredient that helps with smoothing.  It is not an ingredient that everyone who is sulfate free will favor.  








*This set was sent to me for my honest opinion and review.  

You can learn more about this brand on their website, and connect with them on Facebook and Twitter.

You can find Arvazallia on Amazon here:  Arvazallia Hair Products









No comments:

Post a Comment