Thursday, March 26, 2015

Blupure Ecofriendly 13 Stage Countertop Water Filter Review

 



A few days after Valentines day this year, our city got hit with a major winter advisory and it snowed almost 3 feet in a matter of days.  Our nearly 100 year old home had the pipes in the entire home freeze and so we had to make an emergency trip to my husband's work (we works at a hotel a few miles down the road) and they let us stay there.  We really only planned to stay the weekend, but it only got worse, the pipes burst and flooded the crawls space and with the nealry 3 feet of snow, there was not anyone able to get under the house easily for 2 weeks.  We were basically living at the hotel (2 adults, a 4 year old, and a teething 10 month old).  My husband went to work (downstairs at the hotel) and I stayed with the little ones.

I had decided to bring some items I was reviewing as I was not sure how long we would be there.  I figured it was a great time to try out our countertop water filter sent to us from BluPure .  I am always a bit put off with hotel sink water as many hotel rooms do not have sinks in the room (except for the bathroom) and yet they have a coffeemaker in the room for you to fill up (eww, yes it is the same water, but really it just grosses me out).  Thankfully this hotel has a mini kitchen space in each room with a mini fridge, microwave, small counter and kitchen sink.  It is a small sink, but I am so glad I did not have to make coffee from the bathroom sink (luckily they do not store their coffee makers in the bathroom either---seriously why do hotels do that??).

I took the BluPure countertop filter system out of the box and had it set up in less than 5 minutes it was really easy, much MUCH easier than my shower filter was when I installed it over a year ago in my bathroom.  I connected the tube and adapter/connector to the faucet and ran the water very cold.  I pulled out the lever and waited a moment to make sure the water ran clear.  I am glad I waited as the water first was cloudy.  After about a minute or 2 I tried the water and it tasted fresh!

The BluePure countertop water filter purifies in 13 stages to ensure that harmful chemicals and any impurities are removed.  Harmful elements such as chlorine, lead, mercury, fluoride, chloramine, bacteria, sulfide, and radiation.  I am happy to now use this in our home as not only is our home very old and has older pipes, but our area soil is known for high levels of Radon (we actually purchased a Radon removal system for our home when we purchased the home years ago).  Radon is naturally occurring radioactive gas and can be found in soil, rock, and water.  The machine we have somehow sucks it out of the crawlspace and makes it so we do not breathe it in.  We never drink out of our sink water without filtering it as it just normally never tasted good, but it could potentially be not the safest to drink over time.  We had been using those Brita Filters which work well, however, my husband and I do not buy new filters for our pitcher as often as we should. 

The BluPure works well and water is fresh and clear.  The filter in this system lasts for up to a year with normal use from a family of 4.  It eliminates all odor and taste and makes your water more pleasant to drink.  I like how it comes pre-installed with a filter cartridge, and easily hooks up to our kitchen sink within minutes.  My husband (anti-clutter guy) was at first against it as he does not like excess things on the sink and counters, but after using it a few times to fill our coffeemaker quickly, and fill the ice cube trays, he is warming up to it.  I like it a lot and despite taking uo some space, it is fairly slim.  The neck of the spout does move for convenience.  We both love how it is made in USA.  This filter made our nearly 3 week stay at the hotel more pleasant, and works wonderfully here at our home as well.

*I was sent one unit to review, all thoughts are my own.

You can find out more information on the BluPure website. Connect with them on Facebook and Twitter for updates, promotions, and tips. BluPure is available to purchase on Amazon.

























No comments:

Post a Comment