Saturday, March 28, 2015

Beabies (company name) Teething Necklace and Bracelet Review

My 11-month-old baby has been teething nonstop since about 5 months of age. He has been doing fantastically well for his bottom 2 teeth (he has a Baltic amber teething necklace and we sometimes give him frozen bread to chew on). However, in the last month, he has been bringing in 4 new teeth on the top and his moods and sleep patterns have been off. He has had increased irritability and I can tell the pain has greatly increased. He is still nursing happily however his 1-2 feedings a night, at scheduled and balanced intervals has turned into crazy waking periods of screaming every 1-2 hours and then feeding for 2-5 minutes (sometimes 2-5 seconds) before crying and stopping the nursing session.

We always welcome any new ideas or old ideas to get him more comfortable. I was sent a teething necklace made of silicone. Our Baltic Amber necklace is not for biting or chewing, it is for being worn near the site of pain, against the skin and warmed to release Succinic Acid. Succinic Acid is a pain relieving oil. It doesn't provide extreme pain relief as perhaps an over-the-counter medicine would, however it's just enough so that I have found that it calms baby and seems to lessen the discomfort. We have also had great results with decreasing his amount of drooling, helping with irritability and improving his mood.

The past month or so we found that he's been in a lot more pain, a lot more fussy, and has been putting his fingers in his mouth a lot more than he used to. Instead of lighting mouthing and sucking on fingers and his thumb, he chews with great intensity. I was really happy to be sent a silicone teething necklace and bracelet set for review from Beabies.

I selected a turquoise set as it is bright and will be a nice pop of color to any outfit. I have worn this on several occasions and always receive compliments. I always smile and thank those who compliment me and I mention how it is a teething / chewing necklace. I am always surprised at how many people have not heard of these or seen one previously. It is true, these are a fashionable set and could be worn by those who aren’t parents if desired, and these are not obvious toys or baby gear.  

I wear it mostly at home while nursing, as my baby is now at the wiggly stage and is always poking me, pulling my hair or nose, or watching his 4-year-old sister who is prancing around and being silly and crazy. These necklaces are great for having baby play with during nursing to keep him occupied and eliminate distractions, as well as for chewing on during church or when we are waiting at the grocery store. He likes to look at it and hold it when I am holding him.

I like this set a lot and it is easy to put on and look like I planned my fashion choice. I like to keep it in my diaper bag as a toy to grab when he is crying. Baby should never be left unattended with this set, but I will have him in my arms as he holds the necklace or have him play on the floor next to me. Babies should never wear these themselves.

I like to wipe this down before he uses it, with a baby safe hand and face sanitizing wipe. This is a great product and I recommend it. I will be reviewing a magenta colored one that is also from Beabies. It has a stone like shape and is very fun to wear as well.

The Beabies teething necklace and bracelet are made of 100% food grade silicone and are BPA-Free, FDA approved, PVC-Free, Latex-Free, Rubber-Free, Lead-Free silicone. It is comforting to know that he is able to relive some of his pain and discomfort and stay safe.  This contains no phthalates, plastic, or heavy metals. They are taste and smell-free. 100% safe for your infant.  You could even put it in the freezer for about 5 minutes to cool them a bit before sharing them with baby.  

I was sent this set to review, and all thoughts are my own. 

For more info, visit them on their website or you can find them on Amazon.








No comments:

Post a Comment