Friday, January 16, 2015

Pure Body Naturals Pure Luxe: 100% Pure Peppermint Oil

I recently was sent some pure peppermint oil from Pure Body Naturals.   This came with a dropper for ease of use, and is housed in a dark amber glass bottle.  The size of this bottle is generous, at 4 ounces! I have used this peppermint oil for many uses.

Peppermint Oil is known to relieve headaches, which is how I use if quite frequently. I mix a little peppermint oil with some jojoba oil (carrier oil) and dab some along my temples and hair line with a cotton ball. It also helps ease respiratory and cold symptoms, so I add it with Eucalyptus, Lemon or Lavender essential oil, and put it in our diffuser. The scent is very calming and helpful for aromatherapy. You can make a homemade chest rub using peppermint oil and other natural ingredients. I do not use the store brands or the well known vapor rub brand as it is laden with harmful chemicals, contain petrolatum, parabens, diazolidinyl urea (a formaldehyde releasing chemical)PEG-100 Stearate, and other nasty ingredients.

3 tablespoon cocoa butter or shea butter (I have both, so I use about equal amounts of each)
6 tablespoons coconut oil
50+ drops of high quality essential oil(s) (I have used various combinations)

I usually like to use a combination of Lemon oil (Stimulates immune function, aromatherapy / smells cheery and uplifts mood), Peppermint oil (Helps to open nasal passages, cooling to skin), Chamomile (calming, and sometimes sleep inducing for the cranky and sleepless patient), and Lavender oil(antihistamine, aromatherapy, antiseptic and antimicrobial). I sometimes make a separate batch that is a bit stronger than the previous mixture. The other recipe has Tea Tree oil (antimicrobial, expectorant and antiseptic), Peppermint, Lavender, Eucalyptus (antiseptic, antiviral, and decongestant). Some people like to melt beeswax pellets into the buter base, but I never have that on hand and I worry about potential staining, so I leave it out. The beeswax does help the mixture be more solid.

I have used peppermint oil for joint, muscle, and arthritis pain. I actually had some sort of Charley horse or bad pain in my upper right leg and thigh a few weeks back and rubbed the oil on my leg. I also ate a banana (helps with cramps and contains potassium) and took some Glucosamine and MSM vitamins.

We live in the country and have used peppermint oil as an effective repellant for insects and spiders. We also clean our counters with it. We mix Lavender, Peppermint, Tea Tree, and Eucalyptus oil with water and put in a spray bottle. We have not used traditional cleaners for almost 2 years.

I like this peppermint oil , it works like others I have tried and the bottle is generous in size. I recommend it if you are looking for a nice brand.  It is available on Amazon. I was sent a sample bottle for purpose of this review, however all opinions are honest and my own.


Connect with the company on Facebook to stay up to date on new products and upcoming sales.   

Please follow me on Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways. You can also find me on bloglovin , Twitter, and on Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment