Wednesday, January 21, 2015

PEVA (Non-Toxic) Mildew Resistant Shower Curtain Liner: Review

I was sent a PEVA Shower Curtain Liner to review, which is great because my husband's bathroom needed a new shower curtain. First a little back story. Our home is almost 100 years old and a Bungalow slightly in the country. It was built a bit haphazardly and over the years had various remodels and repairs from buyers. It seems everyone who bought it were young couples or young families with modest means and so the updates were modest, and cheap, and sometimes a bit strange (loose ends and awkward craftsmanship). Our master bedroom is really a normal sized bedroom downstairs with a tiny bathroom attached to it. That bathroom my husband showers in as the shower is only a stand up stall and the stall is economy sized. I am not sure why it is so tiny, but I never can fit all my oils, and shower fancies in it with there being only two small shelves that are about 3 inches each and the elbow space is minimal. The toilet is about 1 foot from the shower and the tiny bathroom is L shaped. So that is my husband's bathroom mainly.  My bathroom is the only other bathroom which is really the main bathroom for guests that is next to the kitchen, across from the laundry room, which is somewhat close to the "master" bedroom. Our home is about 1700 square feet.

Anyway, back to the shower curtain. I had the opportunity to review a shower curtain which I was happy about as his shower curtain was almost 4 years old and in need of an update. I was able to choose a frosty cream colored one or clear. Just for kicks and because I never would buy a clear on on my own, I requested a clear one. It is see through. It makes me laugh. It is a clear vinyl, reinforced with metal grommets, magnetic weights and is said to be mildew and mold resistant, and odor free. The size is 72" x72." His shower is barely 28 inches wide, and leaning closer to 27 1/2 inches. I was surprised that the shower curtain fit as well as it does. There is obviously excess at the edges, but it fits fine. We have only tested this for about a month, however it is still clear (not fogged or water stained) and looks to be staying clean. It is suggested to wipe it down frequently, however since we have a handheld shower nozzle, I can rinse it that way when cleaning. It seems sturdy and although it is not the best shower curtain I have seen, it functions quite well and looks like it will hold up. I like that it is PVC-free, and uses rust-proof metal grommets, and it claims to be mildew and mold resistant. I am hoping that is the case as our bathroom vent and fan system does not always dry up the excess moisture in the bathroom. It has encased magnets, however since our shower is a plastic resign like mold, the magnets do not do much for keeping the liner against the wall. The nice thing about the stall being smaller and the curtain wide, is that we do not have cool air come in the shower. The company has a 100% satisfaction guarantee which is nice. This is currently working well for his stall and he likes it.

This PEVA Shower Curtain Liner is available on Amazon.

*The company sent one liner for my review.  All opinions are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment