Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Organic & 100% Natural Seaweed Powder by Insta Natural Review



I was recently sent some seaweed powder to review from InstaNatural . I had very little clue on what to do with it as I was at first thinking it was intended for smoothies. Luckily I did not taste it as I am not sure this particular powder was intended for consumption. I decided to use it for face masks since I love the at home spa treatments I concoct. I knew that seaweed has lots of vitamins and minerals and figured it would be fantastic for skin.

Seaweed Kelp Powder is an excellent way to beautify skin while enjoying a pocketbook friendly, yet luxurious, spa treatment at home. The vitamins and minerals provide nourishment for skin and detox and tone, while relieving aches and pains.

High end spas use seaweed and seaweed powder for for body wrap treatments to reduce the appearance of cellulite and create a slimming effect. This powder absorbs excess water and can detoxify the skin, making skin and body appear more toned, tightened and firmer. I have not used it for toning, but I like it as a facial mask. I have mixed it with essential oils, rosewater, and bentonite clay to create a skin detoxing, skin healing, and skin clearing mask.

Ingredients in the Seaweed Powder:
Certified Organic, 100% Natural & Kosher Certified Seaweed Powder (Ascophyllum nodosum)

Ingredients in the Seaweed Bentonite Clay Mask:

I made a mask that was enough for 1-2 people (husband and wife or 2 friends/sisters) to use a couple times. You can make this amount and store it in the fridge in a seal-able food container for a week or two or make just enough for one treatment.

I used a plastic spoon and bowl (VERY important for the bentonite clay as you don't want it to draw out metals)and put 2 tablespoons each of Bentonite clay and Seaweed powder, 8 of the small cap-fulls of rose water, about 5 drops each of lemon essential oil, lavender essential oil, and manuka essential oil, and some filtered water (just slowly added until it was a smooth whipped cream consistency). I applied this to my face and left on for about 20 minutes. I rinsed and then applied my Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid serums and antt-wrinkle cream. I think I will do this 1-3 times per month. I did not have any irritation or dryness. My skin felt cleaner. I like this seaweed powder a lot, and as you can see from my comparison picture of another seaweed powder I was sent from another company to try, this Insta Natural brand is CRAZY generous in size. It is enough for me to do some body wraps too if I feel like it. :) I have yet to be dissapointed with Insta Natural, they always seem to WOW me.


This was sent to me free from the company, all opinions are my own.

You can connect with the company on Facebook and on Twitter to learn  of upcoming sales and new products.

Please follow me on Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways. You can also find me on bloglovin , Twitter, and on Instagram.












No comments:

Post a Comment