Friday, January 2, 2015

Colour Strokes Brow Tint Lift w/ Lash Enhancing Serum: Reviewed

I used to have fantastic brows...in 8th grade.  A the time, I did not think they were so wonderful.  The 90's were a time of thinner, well defined, plucked brows and I followed in the footsteps of my peers and beauty icons on television.  My youthful, thicker brows weren't the "in" thing.  So after coming home from summer camp, I had my mom buy me a pair of Tweezerman tweezers, and I carefully thinned them out.  Now I did not go pencil thin like Pamela Anderson or Drew Barrymore (at that era) but I no longer had a full look.  I plucked meticulously every few days (sometimes every other evening) and my brows were always tidy and never out of shape.  This went on for about 8-10 years or so and then my brows no longer needed tweezing, except for maybe once every several months.  Nowadays I need to tweeze maybe once every 6 months, and I long for the full natural looking eyebrows, with a touch of old Hollywood glamour.  I had tried many times to fill them in with eye shadows, brow pencils, and even purchasing the brow fill in powders.  I never could get the correct shade, shape, or make it look even remotely natural.  Whenever I would decide to fill in my brows, immediately my husband (who has known me since college) would burst out laughing and call me Olga. (I have no clue).  I am happy to report that I have found my perfect brow tint.  Colour Strokes Brow Tint by Lashem gives you a perfect and natural brow.  It comes in blond, brunette and raven.  I have naturally dark brown expresso black hair.  In some lighting it is dark dark brown and in some lighting it is black.  When I heard that the darkest was called expresso, I was only slightly sure it would work for me, but I knew I did not want something too light.  I went on a whim, and selected raven.  It is a nice, natural dark brown.  It works perfect for me.  Instant love.  It looks like a mascara wand, and goes on supremely easy and thickens and shapes, while darkening.   I have not had any smudging with this and I have worn it in the rain as well.  I wear it EVERY time I leave the house.  This long-lasting tint keeps brows looking full and perfectly in place. I love how it contains brow enhancing serum to promote healthier, stronger, thicker looking brows.

This brow tint gel is:

Flake-proof
Smudge-proof
Paraben-free


The price is reasonable at only $20.  It is super easy to apply and if I am running late, I can easily stick the mascara like wand in my jeans pocket and fill in my brows at my next destination (bathroom of a restaurant, a family member's house, etc.) as it is so natural it would not be so noticeable to come out of the bathroom with different brows. 

Lashem is available on Nordstrom.com, Walgreens.com, Beauty.com, and Pharmasave in Canada, and other beauty supply stores around the world, as well as on the Lashem website. 


Here are my bare brows, with no makeup on of any kind.






Here are my darkened, tinted brows with Lashem.







I am by no means an expert at filling in my brows, and I am still practicing, but I really like the way they have improved.  Sure, I would love brows (and beauty) like a young Elizabeth Taylor, but I am not that gifted.  Maybe I can get really good with shaping them.  I do love her look.(please know, I am not comparing myself to her, and I know I look nothing like her). 


For a limited time you can use this code for a discount (some exclusions may apply and I am not sure how long this is valid).

http://www.lashem.com/brows/colour-strokes-brow-tint-lift-with-lash-enhancing-serum.html

Reader Discount: 30% Off
Reader Discount Code: BROW30BB

*1 Sample brow tint was sent to me, powered by BrandBacker and Lashem.

No comments:

Post a Comment