Thursday, January 22, 2015

Brookside Dark Chocolate Crunchy Clusters from Crowdtap Review

I was sent a sample bag of chocolate clusters from Brookside and Crowdtap.  I had seen the commercials for this treat and it really had piqued my interest.  I was sent the  Brookside Dark Chocolate Crunchy Clusters Berry Medley which are crispy multigrain granola clusters with sweet, tangy cranberries and fruit juice.

Ingredients: DARK CHOCOLATE (SUGAR; CHOCOLATE; COCOA BUTTER; MILK FAT; COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI; SOY LECITHIN; MILK; SALT; NATURAL VANILLA FLAVOR); SUGAR; PALM KERNEL OIL; CRISP RICE (RICE; SUGAR; BARLEY MALT EXTRACT; SALT; RICE BRAN EXTRACT; TOCOPHEROLS, TO MAINTAIN FRESHNESS); WHEY (MILK); BUTTERMILK POWDER; COCOA; GRANOLA (OATS; HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP; PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL; HONEY; WHEAT); DEIONIZED APPLE JUICE CONCENTRATE; RICE SYRUP; CRANBERRIES; MALTODEXTRIN; CORN MEAL; WHEAT FLOUR; FRUIT JUICE CONCENTRATE (POMEGRANATE; APPLE; RASPBERRY; BLUEBERRY; LEMON; CRANBERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE); BROWN SUGAR; NATURAL FLAVORS; SOY LECITHIN; PECTIN; RESINOUS GLAZE; MALIC ACID; ASCORBIC ACID; SALT; SODIUM BICARBONATE; SODIUM CITRATE; ACAI PUREE CONCENTRATE; CITRIC ACID; HONEY; SUNFLOWER OIL; SODIUM BICARBONATE; TOCOPHEROLS, TO MAINTAIN FRESHNESS

These are good, but the sized bag I was sent (5 oz) seemed pretty small and had a lot of air in the bag.  These did go fast and only lasted about a day and a half between 2 adults.  I did use a few of them in a smoothie as I am a daily smoothie lover.  I used coconut milk, almond milk, unsweetened  shredded coconut, pure organic cacao and maca powder, Brookside clusters, and some ice and blended it in the Bullet.  It was a nice treat.  I never add sugar to my smoothies so this was sweeter than I usually have, but was a nice treat, with an antioxidant boost.

I also enjoyed sharing these with my husband on my late grandmother's vintage dishware.  We both enjoyed the chocolate flavor as we always select dark chocolate over milk.  These were sent to me as a courtesy from Crowdtap and Brookside.

These are available in stores and on Amazon.  The price on Amazon (@$15 for 23 oz) does seem a bit much, but I have heard that is similar, and perhaps even a bit cheaper than in the stores.   The bag I was sent was a 5 oz bag.












#DISCOVERBROOKSIDE

No comments:

Post a Comment