Friday, January 9, 2015

Adovia Purifying Dead Sea Mud

If you are like me, you like having a spa like experience in the comfort and privacy of your our home, and keep excess cash in your pocket.  (perhaps to spend on a new bag??) I love using clay and mud on my face to draw out impurities and dirt, and free up shadowy pores.  My nose and my cheeks have a lot of blackheads and I am always self conscious.  I try to use a mud mask, charcoal, or clay on my face at least 1-2 times per month, but have best results when I use a mask once a week.  One particular brand of natural products that I have been happy with is Adovia.  The have a dead sea mud mask that comes in a mess free, and travel convenient squeeze tube.

Adovia Dead Sea Mud Mask contains many natural and nourishing oils and extracts. It contains 21 minerals that help to keep skin healthier and acts  as effective acne treatment. It can also be used as a spot treatment for acne.  Often I will apply some just to my entire nose. I have only been to the spa once, and it was during our Florida honeymoon.  I got a spa treatment where they wrapped my legs and legs in steaming hot towels after a oil massage and then applied a spa scented lotion.  There was no dead sea mud involved but as I recall it was about $100 or more.  I  realize I could have done some quick research and googling and found the types of oils and spa lotions they used and had a friend or my husband do the treatment for fee.  Even treatments that are on smaller areas, such as the face, can cost a lot of money.  It is always nice to try to replicate a high end spa experience or treatment and save some money.  I am sure that many spas apply dead sea mud and charge a lot for just one treatment.  This tube contains up to 30 uses or more, depending on how thin or thick you apply it.

This mud mask has a very light scent and is creamy.  It does not tug at my skin when I apply it.  Many people go to Israel to bath in the dead sea and rub the mud on their bodies for detoxing and beautifying properties. Spas charge high prices here in the US for dead sea mud masks and treatments. Mud from the dead sea has many therapeutic effects and extracts oil, blackheads, and dirt from the skin – leaving behind glowing, supple, beautiful skin. As the mask dries, it gently pulls out impurities that can clog pores, but the nice thing is that the mask does not crack or become so hard that it is uncomfortable, this is helpful when you need to talk to someone.  The mask states to leave it on for at least 20 minutes, and sometimes I leave it on for up to 45 minutes.

Here is the ingredient list:

Demineralised Water & Dead Sea Water, Dead Sea Mud, Stearic Acid, Cetryl Alcohol, Beeswax, Sorbitan Tristearate, Propylene Glycol & Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Extract & Algae Extract & Papaya (Carica Papaya) Extract & Aloe Vera (Barbadensis) Gel, Sunflower (Helianthus Annuus) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Mandarin Orange (Citrus Nobilis) Oil, Jojoba (Buxus Chinensis) Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Triethanolamine, Evening Primrose (Oenothera Biennis) Oil, Peach (Prunus Persica) Kernel Oil, Benzoic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Dead Sea Salt, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Exotic Verbena (Litsea Citrata) Oil, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Extract, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Extract, Ascorbic Acid.

I like how it contains oils as they are good for our skin and have excellent cleansing properties.

 Here is how I use this mask:

I apply a thick layer of the Adovia Purifying Dead Sea Mud by smoothing the product onto my freshly cleansed face. I make sure to cover my entire face and neck, but avoid my eyelids and eyes. I leave the mask on for approximately 45 minutes to an hour (tube says 20 minutes but I leave on longer than they suggest).  I then rinse off the mask with warm water and my hands. Once the mask is fully removed, I splash my face with cool water to close the pores. I then apply my Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, and Retinol serums, to my entire face, neck and decolletage.  I used to apply each item separately, however I have been selecting products that have all three ingredients as well as other beneficial ingredients to save time, counter space, and money.


I like this mask and think it works well for my skin.  The price is reasonable as it can be applied thinly and still be effective.  At currently less than $25, and approximately 30 uses in a tube, you are getting a spa like mask for less than $1 each time you apply this.  When I rinse my skin, it is so much smoother, and I can tell a difference with pore size.  I do have to use this diligently about 2-4 times per month to maintain smaller and less noticeable, cleaner pores.

It is available on cleopatraschoice.com.  For more information, you can connect with Adovia on their facebook page.  You can connect with Cleopatra's Choice on Facebook and Twitter.






*Review sample sent for testing purposes and honest opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment