Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Lavo Ultra Detoxifying Dead Sea Mud Face Mask: Reviewed



I love beauty masks and definitely the muddier, the better. The cool creamy whipped application of a mud mask is so soothing and it is so rewarding when I know how good the ingredients are. The Lavo brand is nothing short of amazing. I have tried 2 of their masks and both work well for their intended purpose. The previous Lavo mud mask I tried contained pure Volcanic mud and Eucalyptus, along with other natural ingredients. That mud was a thicker, drier application and a light grey color.

The Lavo mud I am reviewing today is their Ultra Detoxifying mud which I prefer a bit more as it is a creamier, smoother application.  I love both products, but this one feels nicer going on.   The Lavo facial mud contains natural mud from the Dead Sea and Mediterranean Sea.  The 2 masks smell quite different from each other.  This one smells similar to mens original scent shaving cream in my opinion.  It is a clean scent and does not bother my skin or nose at all.  The other mask smells more like the Eucalyptus essential oil.  Both products contain herbal extracts, clays and essential oils, while the Volcanic version contains a slightly different variety of ingredients which include diatomaceous, volcanic mud and a few others.
The Kaolin clay and Fullers earth, along with oils of Jojoba, Burdock Root Extract, Rosemary Leaves Extract, and Sage Leaves Extract.  All of these assist to cleanse, detoxify, and revive dull skin.  I find that after an application of this mud, my pores are cleaner and my face is smoother and softer to the touch.

This jar is of fantastic quality that you would pay top dollar for a professional to apply in their spa setting.  This is super easy to use, so you can apply it yourself at home.  You can apply it and wear it in the bath to soak, or do what I do and put it on to wear while catching up on emails and the like.  My 3 1/2 year old and husband are used to seeing mommy and her masks.  I like how this does not have a sulfur smell.  I have used sulfur based masks to clear up blemishes and they work, but smell terrible and sometimes are irritating to my skin. This is said to be a stronger mask than the Lavo Volcanic Mud Mask.  Neither masks irritate my skin, I just like the smooth application of this one.  Lavo mud masks sink deep into pores and clear them of dirt and toxins.  This is a gentle, yet effective mask that both women and men will enjoy.  I know my husband has worn my mud masks before. :)

The company does not test on animals and is USA made! In comes in a nice looking 2 oz jar with a blue tissue paper insert (the Volcanic one has a grey tissue paper insert.) The mask can generally be used 20-25 times depending on how thick it is applied and can be used as a spot treatment.

The company strives for excellence, and each unit inspected by hand before packaging. They offer 100% satisfaction guaranteed and if you are not satisfied, they will give you a refund.

Ingredients:

Aloe Vera Gel, Mediterranean Mud, Dead Sea Mud, Bentonite, Kaolin, Fullers Earth, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Jojoba Oil, Squalene Extract, Hops Extract, Burdock Root Extract, Rosemary Leaves Extract, Sage Leaves Extract, Ginseng Extract, Fragrant Oil, Hyaluronic Acid, Dead Sea Salt, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid

Directions and How I apply this mask:


Using my fingertips, I apply a thin layer over my entire freshly cleansed face, including my jawline, and part of my upper neck. I leave this on 15-20 minutes, but 10 minutes works well also. I use warm water and a paper towel to remove as it is a dark greenish black and I do not want to stain a towel or cloth. I pat my face dry and then follow with witch hazel toner, Vitamin C serum/Hyaluronic Acid and a natural retinol based moisturizer.  I apply 1-2 times a week before bed.

You can connect with Lavo on Facebook to be the first to hear about new products and upcoming sales. 

I received a sample jar for this review. I have wonderful results with this company and have tried 2 of their mud masks. I will be trying their microdermabrasion cream next so stay tuned. :) All experiences and opinions in this post are my own and honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment