Monday, December 22, 2014

Certified Steak and Seafood Company Reviewed


I had the wonderful opportunity to sample some meats from an online fine meat and seafood supplier.  I selected 12 oz. Prime Angus Filet Mignon,  10 oz. Center Cut Angus Top Sirloin, and 8 oz. Halibut SteakCertified Steak and Seafood Company is a website that supplies top quality, USDA certified meat to restaurants and the public.  They have reasonable prices and sell directly to the customer.  These meatsare of the same grade found at fine restaurants, resorts, and hotels and you can cook these in the privacy and comfort of your own home for a much lower price.

The Filet Mignon was something I had never tried and had always been curious about.  Being a sweet, buttery, tender, and luxurious meat, I knew it was one I wanted to try.  The Prime Angus Filet Mignon is fantastic. It is slow aged, cut from the center of the tenderloin and trimmed.  I was sent the 12 oz and shared it with my husband.  This is how we cooked it.  We did not follow any guidelines or recipes, and since I am nursing our son, I cooked it fully, with no remaining red.  The Filet was slow cooked and covered.  We added butter, a dash of milk, and a few splashes of AllTech Kentucky Bourbon Barrel beer into a pan on the stove.  The juices were spooned over the top several times during cooking.  It was then flipped and then more juices spooned over the top.  Finally we opted to butterfly the steak, as the 12 ounce steak was VERY thick, to allow for quicker cooking and for sharing.  Since I am nursing and we did not want anything potentially dangerous transferred to me and baby, we cooked the filet to a medium-well to well done.

Here are some aspects of the Filet Mignon:
  • Certified Angus Beef Prime
  • Center Cut
  • Aged 27 Days
  • Hand Cut
  • Hand Selected
  • 3rd Party Certified Pure
  • Exclusively raised and processed in the USA









We paired the Filet with homemade mashed potatoes.
 
On another day, we made the Center Cut Angus Top Sirloin.  It was another delicious meal.  We decided to do something a bit different and slow cooked the sirloin in a roasting pan with potatoes and carrots and used some splashes of soy sauce, A-1 steak sauce and low sodium organic beef broth.  The meat came out very tender and pulled apart.  The potatoes and carrots were softened and paired well.

Here are some aspects of the Sirloin:

    • Certified Angus Beef® Choice
    • Aged 27 Days
    • Center Cut
    • Each Filet 2"-2.25" Thick
    • Hand Cut
    • Hand Selected
    • 3rd Party Certified Pure
    • Exclusively raised and processed in the USA



    The Sirloin was placed on a plate inside the roasting pan with the broth, potatoes, and carrots surrounding it.  Please excuse the foggy and messy picture.  The carrots were layered under the potatoes.  Unfortunately I do not have a good picture of the plated meal. 

    The last sample from Certified Steak and Seafood, was the fish.  I was impressed with this as when I first requested this as a sample it was actually by mistake.  My husband rarely eats fish unless it is Haddock, and I got this Halibut confused with Haddock and was thinking that I ordered the fish he really likes.  When this arrived, I saw my error and we had a little chuckle over it.  Neither of us had previously tried Halibut, so it all worked out.  My husband dipped the Halibut steak in a milk and egg batter and then lightly breaded the fish in a Ritz cracker/cornflake/cornmeal crust and baked it in the oven. 

    The fish was incredible.  As you see in the pictures below, it is a very WHITE, BRIGHT, fish and very light and fluffy.  There is no heavy "fishy" taste and it was well liked by my husband who ONLY eats Haddock (when he eats fish, which is only a FEW times a year). 

    Here are some aspects of the Fish:
    • Wild Caught
    • 3rd Party Certified for sustainability, safety and purity
    • Lean and sweet
    • Low in fat, calories and sodium
    • Rich in high-quality protein, vitamins B12 and B6 and Omega-3 fatty acids
    • Product of USA

     









    He then put the cooked fish in flour tortillas and added taco sauce and Quinoa.  We had baked potato as a side. (It is quite obvious we like potatoes isn't it? HA HA!


    Certified Steak and Seafood has a wide variety of options for meal planning.  They use the best meat and third party inspect it for quality and safety.  They use Certified Angus Beef, and cut their steaks to specific high standards in regards to trim, weight, and uniformity.  Their Prime is graded as the top 1% of beef.  All of their seafood is sourced directly and all of their meat and seafood complies to strict monitoring and safety. 

    I was impressed with the products I tried.  If my husband and I could afford it, we would definitely feel comfortable getting our meat from this company.  I think that for those on a budget, this would be an excellent source for when you are planning a family get together or even a wedding.  The meat arrived to our home by overnight shipping and arrived in a sturdy Styrofoam cooler box with a large block of dry ice inside and a safety warning.  I appreciated the large red letter warning insert that said to only use gloves and caution when disposing of the ice.  I put my ice block outside immediately as it is dangerous for skin to come into contact with it.

    I recommend this company.  I like how their website has full color pictures of their products.  They even have a variety of sides and appetizers, as well as desserts.  Most items on the website have reviews and star ratings from customers.  Check out their website and connect with them on Facebook for more information. 

    *I was sent (1) 12 oz Filet Mignon, (1) 10 oz Top Sirlon, and (1) 8oz Halibut steak in exchange for this review. This is my honest opinion.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment