Sunday, November 30, 2014

Paper and Twine Liquid Chalkers: Chalk Markers Review


We like using markers in this household, and have used dry erase markers for keeping up with appointments.  The problem with dry erase markers is that you cannot write on glass, mirrors, or windows as well and have it show up.  When you go to your local restaurant sometimes you see bright neon markers on a message board notifying customers of specials, those are chalk markers and they are not only fun to look at, but even more fun to use.  I was able to try out some chalk markers from the Paper and Twine company.  Their markers are called  Liquid Chalkers and they really bring out the artist or doodler in everyone.

They come in a clear plastic pack with 8 chisel tip markers which provide a precise line or thickly filled coloring when desired.  I noticed that they did not include a black and brown marker, which was a bit disappointing.  For now, our tree trunks (my almost 4 year old loves using these under supervision on our glass patio door) will be purple or some other imaginative color. :)

I like how these are non toxic, just make sure that the child using these is old enough not to put the marker or the chalk ink tips in their mouth, and that you watch that they do not use these near a couch or wall (porous surface).  I like using these on the white refrigerator or stove top for a quick doctor appointment reminder.  These are also fun for writing a sweet message on a bathroom mirror or car window (do not use these on the car body as they will hurt the paint most likely).  I like how these are a dust free version of chalk.  I would love to get a small chalkboard for our kitchen or perhaps some chalkboard paint so we can make a board.

The packaging is simple and although it works fine, I would have preferred a nicer vinyl case that had a snap instead of the clear plastic packaging that will get worn out easily over time. 

These are available on the Paper and Twine website and on Amazon.







I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment