Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Key West Shea Butter 14 oz: Reviewed



I use a lot of essential oils, coconut oil, coco butter and shea butter for my homemade lotions, ointments, and deodorants.  I recently had the opportunity to try a new shea butter from the same company as my 2.5% Retinol cream.  It is Key West Health and Beauty, and so far I am loving the 2 products I have tried from them.  The company is a husband and wife team with 20 years experience in the spa and beauty industry.  Their passion for top quality, natural, and organic products, along with their exceptional skincare and spa knowledge, has made Key West Health and Beauty a popular and top rated spa in their city for 10 years.

I have been using the shea butter for about 3 weeks.  It is creamy, luxurious and blends wonderfully in my homemade creams.   I make homemade diaper cream bottom balm with shea as a base, I add coconut oil, coco butter and essential oils.  I like how this is so soothing to extra dry skin.  This works  well on elbows and feet to smooth and heal chaffing and dry areas.  My husband gets severely dry and cracking hands in the winter, specifically around his knuckles, and just a small dab of shea butter helps him a lot.  I often will add some on my homemade Calendula oil to the shea butter and apply it to his skin.  I also like making my own homemade deodorant (I add arrow root powder, tea tree, lavender, lemon and lime essential oils) and the shea butter (along with coconut oil and coco butter) is a remarkable base that nourishes skin.  This shea butter can be used for hair, I just suggest you use a tiny amount to avoid looking greasy or weighed down.  I only apply to the very ends of my hair when I use it, and it can tame my hair when it gets frizzy.

It is certified USDA, raw, unrefined organic and 100% natural.  There are no chemicals or synthetic additives in this shea butter.  I like how this is such a generous amount at 14 ounces.  This will definitely last me a very long time.  You can tell just how luxurious and top quality this shea butter really is, just look at how creamy and fluffy it is.  It has a light nutty fragrance and I like this particular brand a lot.

This shea butter is available on Amazon.  For more information about the Key West Health and beauty company, you can visit their website and connect with them on Facebook.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment