Thursday, November 20, 2014

Dr. Song Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin C Serum: Reviewed


I use a lot of Vitamin C serums and Hyaluronic Acid serums.  There are some I like better than others.  I find that some have fragrance and some are unscented.  Some are stickier than others and some are in smaller bottles.  I had tried one brand that was in a clear bottle, which surprised me since serums should always be in a cobalt blue or dark amber colored glass bottle so as to preserve the ingredients and keep light from entering the bottle and changing the potency of the healing ingredients.  

I prefer my Hyaluronic Acid serum (as well as all other facial products) to be unscented (or very faint of the scent), since I use a fair amount of serums and creams on my face. I really do not want a potpourri of fragrances causing me to have a migraine from all the strong smells, or cause irritation from the added fragrance.  

I found a Hyaluronic Acid serum that was from the same company as the Rose Hip oil I tested a few weeks back. I was fond of that company and they happened to have another item available for review, so I decided to try it out.  I am quite pleased.  I have been trying this serum for 2 weeks and liking it so far.  The jar is a very generous 4 oz! Most of the serums I try out are 1.7 oz or 2 oz.  This one is a great deal and what is even more amazing, is the the company believe in their product so much that they offer a 365 Day 100% No Hassle Money Back Guarantee.  They even offer to accept the empty bottle for return if you were unhappy at any time with it.  I like this serum and although it was provided to me as a sample, I would not be returning it if I bought it.  It really is a nicer quality than others I have tried.  It is called, Dr Song Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin C Serum .  
I like how it is made in the USA. They use USP (pharmaceutical grade) quality ingredients, and manufacture products in an FDA compliant cosmetic laboratory.  The bottle is a nice size and the serum is a nice consistency.  Often these type of serums are either too thick, and have difficulty drawing into the dropper, or they are often too watery and messy. 

My current routine with this serum:  I wash my face with my oil (and steam my face) or use a fragrance free castile soap, rinse and pat dry.  I then and apply the serum to my face and neck, allow to dry, apply a Retinol cream or serum (whichever I am using) then lastly apply a light, antiwrinkle moisturizer (which often acts as my foundation primer under my BB cream).


I find that this serum is a light, non-greasy formula and I like that it has Vitamin C already in it.  I used to apply Vitamin C as a separate product from Hyaluronic Acid, it is nice to have them combined as it makes my skincare routine more convenient.  In my opinion, this applies smoothly and has never felt sticky.  I am the type that I am picky about having to wash my hands immediately after applying a face or hair product due to sticky or greasy hands.  My hands were normal feeling after application.  I like how my skin feels smooth and soft and clean.  It is hard to describe the "clean" feeling, but the skin is refreshed and moisturized without feeling heavy or cakey.  There is no buildup or residue on my face and so my makeup applies as normal afterwards.  Some products leave a layer of residue that peels on itself and makes my makeup apply cakey or uneven.  

It is too soon to tell with this product as I have only used this 2 weeks, but I am finding my skin is smooth and pores look less noticeable.  I hope to smooth the areas around my eyes, my neck lines, and the wrinkle crease in between my cleavage (from side sleeping without my special cleavage support sleep pillow--yes they make those.  I just have not had the funds to replace mine as they are not cheap.  I had mine for about 6 years.)
Ingredients: Purfied Water, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate), Jojoba Oil, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol
To learn more about Dr. Song Medical, you can visit their website.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment