Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Dot & Dot Packing Cube in Medium: Reviewed

I received a medium size packing cube a few days ago from Dot & Dot. I have to say I am impressed again with this company.  Not only do they have amazing products, but their customer service is incredible.  The first cube I received had a dark spot on it with a few other smaller dark marks on it.  I sent them an email showing the issue,  along with a description and received a reply within 24 hours.  Within a few days they sent a replacement.   

I have only had one other brand of packing cubes which was from the Ebags company.  I like the Ebags ones and they are made well, however, when I had earned of the Dot & Dot company, I was interested in learning more and seeing how they compare.  To be honest, I had first (before seeing them in person) thought they were the same as Ebags, but with a different logo.  When the Dot & Dot brand first arrived (I reviewed a different size a few weeks back) and when they were compared side by side to my Ebags brand, I could see several differences.  The  Dot & Dot brand have an attractive honeycomb pattern/texture.  They are slightly stiffer (seem to be a slightly higher quality) of a material, but are very similar to the Ebags.  My Ebags cubes have been used less than 5 times, but are floppier due to the different structure.  The Dot & Dot cube has a reinforced cube like appearance, while the Ebags, despite being called a cube, is not very cube like until packed.  The Ebags have a smaller pattern/texture which resembles a diamond pattern.  The Dot & Dot have a nicer material, with reinforced seams, and since the cube is more structured and stiff, they seem like they will last longer.  They seem sturdier and less likely to split at the seams if over packed / stuffed.  Bth have a black mesh material, with the Dot & Dot brand being a horizontal mesh view.  The logo placement on the Dot & dot brand is on the lower right side which I prefer.   

I was impressed with the improvements in this brand.  Both brands have a sturdy nylon handle that look identical and are quite functional.  The Dot & Dot brand comes in a sturdy clear plastic storage bag which is useful for keeping the bag dust free and clean.  The storage bag could also be used to store a few dirty clothes when you are on your trip.

I am currently using this packing cube for organizing our SUV in the back.  My daughter is 3 1/2 and although she is out of diapers and is potty trained, we always keep 2 full sets of clothing in the car in case she has an accident or gets dirty.  This fits her clothing and lays flat and neat.  The medium cube that I was sent was in Pink, and the color is absolutely stunning.  I love pink in most any shade, but when I find a corally pink, I am over the moon with joy.  The Dot & Dot pink is the perfect shade of corally peachy hot pink.  The brand is well made.  The zipper runs smooth and the boxy structured sides make this cube very easy too pack.  I recommend this brand if you are looking for an improved packing and storage solution.

Dot & Dot packing cubes can be found on Amazon.  To learn more about the company, you can visit them on their website, or connect with them on facebook.




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. I have several Dot&Dot travel accessories and I agree, they are sturdy.

    ReplyDelete