Saturday, November 1, 2014

Acure Lip Lush in Birthday Suit: Reviewed

There are some days when you do not want to look made up.  Days when you want to just look pretty but natural.  I am fond of a nice red lip or a bright fuchsia pink, but there are days when a nice nude pale pink pale peach gloss suits me best.  I found a nice lip moisturizer gloss that goes beyond the simplicity of a lip balm, and kicks it up a notch, reminiscent of pretty girl next door appeal.

Acure Organics sent me my choice of Lip Lush.  I choice Birthday Suit.  I like the name, the color, and the way it feels when worn.  All our their Lip Lushes have cute and cheeky names: Shmexy, Daang, Date Worthy, Birthday Suit, and No Strings Attached.  Love these. 

The Lip Lush gloss has amazing ingredients such as castor oil (always a favorite of mine for pretty much everything hair, skin or beauty related) shea butter, coco butter, argan oil (a luxurious oil in my opinion, with so many benefits)  and Glycerin ( another favorite of mine that draws moisture). I like how these ingredients are natural, and are not chemical sounding.  It is frustrating to read labels and see long, mysterious ingredients that I cannot pronounce or spell without looking at them.

Birthday Suit is just as it sounds, a pale peachy nude that can be worn alone or can be worn with a light lipstick color.  I am not normally a lip gloss gal due to sticky texture, but this is not sticky, it is a smooth, almost creamy application and looks great.  The Argan Oil, Echinacea, + Edelweiss Stem Cells, along with Shea and Coco butter make this a treat for your lips, pampering them, and providing a natural plump.

I like how they use plant based ingredients and that this does not have any strong fragrances or flavor.  This is a nice natural shade and I hope to try another one sometime.  I am currently crushing on No Strings Attached, it looks like the perfect bee stung lips, and I love the hint of shimmer.


Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil*, Cera Alba* (Beeswax), Brassica Campestris Fordii (Rapeseed) Copolymer, Natural Flavors* (Gluten Free), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Tocopherol, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Nut Oil*, Glycyrrhizic Acid (from Licorice Root), Silica, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Glycerin, Xanthan, Leontopodium Alpinum (Edelweiss) Stem Cell Culture, Echinacea Angustrifolia (Echinacea) Stem Cell Culture *Certified Organic

This is a nice lip product and I recommend it.  If you are looking for something with more pigment, check out their other Lip Lushes: Acure Lip Lovelies

I want Acure to make mineral makeup, specifically pressed eyeshadow and pressed blushes.  I love this brand so much. 




Follow Acure on Facebook and visit their website.  The customer service that this company has is amazing.  I love their compassionate philosophy and the top notch, organic ingredients. 

**This Lip Lush was sent to me as a sample for my honest opinion and review.**

No comments:

Post a Comment