Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sari Foods Spirulina Powder: Reviewed

I eat a protein rich whole food based vanilla flavored smoothie each day. The particular protein powder I use contains very raw ingredients and includes live probiotics and enzymes, along with organic sprouts, organic fruits, Spirulina and Chlorella. I blend a hefty scoop of this powder with 2 frozen bananas, a scoop of cacao powder, and milk or almond milk. When I had the opportunity to review pure Spirulina, I was super excited as I had never tried it in stand alone form. When it arrived I opened it the first day. It came in a resealable pouch with a flat bottom making it easy to stand on its own on the counter and scoop out.

The serving size on the package says 1 heaping Tablespoon. Yes, I tried it as directed and it knocked me over in intensity. I need to work up to that amount. For now I only use a teaspoon and NOT a heaping one and NOT a tablespoon. It does help that I have the bananas and other items mixed in to cover the taste. The smell of Spirulina is not one I am fond of at all. It is particularly healthy for those who are pregnant and I am thankful I did not smell this while pregnant as I am sure it would be unsettling to my tummy. The smell is pretty terrible to be honest, especially if you are not used to it. But the benefits to having this in my nutritional daily smoothie are incredible and necessary for me, especially as a nursing mama. Spirulina Powder has a dark green color and may temporarily stain a counter if gotten wet and spilled. The powder is finely ground and seems to mix easily in my smoothie. The brand I have been trying is Sari Foods.

Here are some of the benefits to taking this product daily. It really is a super food and is considered the the most nutrient dense food because it can do some much for our bodies. It balances pH and reduces inflammation. This can even boost your immune system and provides protection from cold and flu. It is packed with antioxidants that promotes skin health and cell regeneration, and fights from cell-damaging stressors and pollutants from the environment. Organic Spirulina is protein rich and is a "non-synthetic source of iron, calcium, magnesium, selenium, beta-carotine, B12, chlorophyll, phytonutrients, antioxidants and essential amino acids (GLA, Omega 3, 6 & 9's)." It is referred to as nature's vitamin, containing all of the essential amino acids, antioxidants, protein, and so much more. I am hoping to use this in baking muffins and pancakes. I am trying to work up to the suggested serving of 1 tablespoon.

For more information about this company and their products, visit their website: Sari Foods

You can find this product on Amazon: Organic Spirulina Powder

Connect with Sari Foods:

Facebook


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.







No comments:

Post a Comment