Friday, October 24, 2014

Proderma Breathable Foundation: Reviewed

I love wearing makeup, and won't go out of the house without it.  Even on light days I will at minimum wear a moisturizer, BB cream in my shade, some light blush, and mascara.  I just feel more confident when I have some color in my face and a more even complexion.  My face is relatively clear, however I do get 1-2 acne blemishes during my monthly period, and usually at my chin or jawline.  My skin routine keeps my face clear and with a natural healthy glow.  I oil cleanse my face almost every day and always finish with a Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid serum.  I have been using Retinal 2.5% based serums and creams a few times a week as well.

It is important to use healthy makeup when possible. I like mineral makeup and breathable, skin loving foundations.  I do not using a lot of chemicals and I do not like foundations that are overly heavy or oily.  I have some uneven skin tone, very large pores, dark purple grey under eye shading, and redness marks left from past acne blemishes.  I am always trying to cover these trouble areas up. 

I recently found a gentle, highly concealing foundation that covers supremely well yet does not feel cakey or heavy on my skin.  It has even been used by people who have large or noticeable scaring, recently had surgury, or have dark facial birthmarks.   Proderma has ingredients that calm irritated skin, soothes, and heals as it is worn.  Proderma Breathable Foundation is also great for me as I am 32 and want my skin to look its best.  I do not have wrinkles, but I do have fine lining around my eyes unfortunately.

Proderma breathable foundation is an anti-aging foundation that has a unique "proprietary oxygenating peptide complex" that uses antioxidants and vitamins to nourish and protect skin.  This allows the skin to breathe and does not cause blemishes or clogged pores.  This foundation has ingredients that increase elastin and collagen production for a more youthful appearance.  I have only used this for less than a month, so I do not see drastic age defying results, however, this foundation truly feels wonderful on my skin and looks natural.  It does not look heavy or cakey.  The shade I have is IVORY, and it is truly perfect match for my skin tone.   It covers my imperfections well.  Please note that in the dressy picture my face does have some shine, and that is after wearing the makeup until around 10 pm at night.  It stayed pretty well. 

Proderma foundation can be used after cosmetic procedures or to cover bruising, scars and redness.  As mentioned, I have some acne scars that I am concerned about, and this really covers nicely. It does not irritate my skin at all, and I feel great wearing it.

Not sure of your shade?  I have light skin, and always have difficulty finding the correct shade for me, because all brands, whether drugstore or high end, have variations on shades.  I have so many "Ivory", "Fair", "Light", "Porcelain", and "Bare" shades and they all seem to be different.  Sometimes brands will vary on which of these are the lightest and which are more pink toned vs. yellow toned.  Some use different descriptions for their lighter shades.  What may be "Fair" in one brand, might actually be termed "Light" or "Very Light" in another brand.  I am blue/pink toned, with pale skin and Ivory works well. I have attached their color wheel to help you decide your perfect foundation shade.

I have been using this foundation all this month and am absolutely loving it.  I took it with me when I went on a weekend trip for a friends wedding (pictured below).  It traveled well in my make up bag and the cap stayed put, there was no leaking.  In the pictures below I am wearing mineral lipstick, natural mascara, mineral eye shadow, and mineral blush (in another brand, for a previous review (in case you have seen these 2 pictures recently).  I like the pump dispenser.  I use 1-2 squirts and apply with a wet Beauty Blender sponge starting inward then applying outward toward my hair line.  I use this under my eyes and as a spot / concealer treatment as well.


Foundation Color Wheel


You can find out more about this incredible foundation and it can purchased on their website: Proderma Foundation

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.



No comments:

Post a Comment