Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Optimal Omega 3: Reviewed

I have been trying out quite a few different brands of Omega vitamin supplements lately. I have tried plant / algae based and fish based with lemon flavor or a slight vanilla flavor. I have another Omega up for review today. This one is from the Optimal Health Labs brand. Optimal Omega 3 is a fish oil supplement with high levels of DHA and EPA. It contains 600mg of DHA and 800mg of EPA per serving. The bottle is large and contains 180 yellow pills in each bottle.

I take an Omega supplement daily (have taken Omegas for 5 years straight) as I am breastfeeding my infant currently and before he was born, taken it for overall good health. Omegas are fantastic for your cardiovascular health, brain function/cognition, blood pressure, and can even assist with positive mood.

This brand sells for less than $30 on Amazon and will provide up to 3 months supply for that price which is quite reasonable. These pills have an enteric coating on them to avoid fishy burps. My particular pills did not taste fishy or cause me to have fishy burps, however the pills tasted different from other omega fish pills I have tried and they were not the best tasting in my opinion. I had no upset stomach from these, and no side effects. I tried these Omega pills about a week and a half. My husband tried these for 3 weeks. I gather his pills together each evening and he was not a fan of the flavor of this brand. We have both had Omega pills in the past several years but they are usually lemon flavor, vanilla, or gummy omegas. I am thinking perhaps my batch was defective. This brand has excellent ratings on Amazon so I am in the minority with my experience.

Directions:

Take 2 Softgels taken 1 to 2 times per day with meals. I take my pills at night about 2-3 hours before bedtime. This is the most convenient time for me as I take a lot of pills (Prenatal and several nutritional supplements) and during the day I tend to get busy and do not take the time to take my supplements. I do not skip doses, I just seem to have more time in the evening. I do make sure I have a decent snack with my pills such as 4 peanut butter cracker sandwiches or a small sandwich. It is important to take a full glass of water with supplements.

Ingredients:

Optimal Omega 3 uses the finest fish oil from Herring, Anchovy, Sardine, Salmon and Mackerel. This fish oil is then refined using the molecular distillation method to create the purest highly potent fish oil possible, free from mercury PCB and other toxins. Other ingredients: gelatin, vegetable glycerin, purified water, natural vitamin E, enteric coating and soy.

My final thoughts:

I like how the bottle tells you exactly what type fish oil is used for these pills and I love the fact that these are USA made. The bottle size is impressive for the price. I have contacted the company about my issue and they do stand by the quality of their products, so I am hoping to find out if perhaps my batch had a problem. I appreciate that if you are not 100% satisfied with your bottle you can get a full refund. It is nice to know that they care and do stand by their products and want satisfied customers.

For more information on this product, you can find them on Amazon: Optimal Health Labs


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment