Friday, October 31, 2014

Gurin Professional Rechargeable Water Flosser: Reviewed

I do not floss as much as I should, in fact when the dentist asks me I usually say "a few times a week." (Not true, I usually floss MAYBE once a month). I know, it is poor dental hygeine and pretty gross too, I am trying to be better.  I just am not very motivated to floss, nor am I very skilled at it. It is usually insanely late when I get to bed (3 am or later, trying to get reviews or housework done as that is the quiet time when there is no distraction) and I am too tired to take time to floss.   I lack the patience of going in between each tooth and taking the extra time.  I am sometimes good about using those flossers that are a small piece of floss on a plastic stick, but not more than a few times a month.  I do use a nice toothbrush, one that is really wide and works well on cleaning my teeth. I do brush twice a day.

I had the opportunity to review a water flosser from Gurin.  I have an old, WaterPik brand flosser that has a large tank that I have not used in years.  The house we live in now is really old with tiny sinks with no counter space so I do not have a space to set it when not actively using it.  So there it sits, in a cubbard, forgotten and lonely.  When I saw the Gurin brand flosser I was excited since it is small and easier to store.

The device is comfortable to hold and has 3 operating modes for varying oral care needs: Normal, Soft, and Pulse.  I like the softest, slowest setting as I am still getting the hang of this.  The first time I used it, it was in the kitchen near the sink, I foolishly turned it on and had it pointed the wrong direction and it sprayed the ceiling.  :)

It took me some time to get used to how to keep the water from spraying outward, and after a few short uses, I was able to close my lips and let it do its thing.  I like how the device can with 2 interchangeable nozzles, one has a blue stripe, and one  has a green stripe.  This great for my husband and I, as we both can enjoy the flosser.  I do want to note, that the first time I used it, I used water that was much too icy cold and it was not comfortable at all, as my teeth as very sensitive to cold.  I now make sure the water is warm when I fill it up.   I keep my finger on the on/off button while using it in my closed mouth.  It is very easy to refill the reservoir with water. 

I like the fact that it is rechargeable and cordless.  Our other one has a cord on it and so that is the reason that keeps me from using it (besides lack of counter space).  I have used the Gurin in the last 3 weeks and have not had to recharge it yet.  I like how I can add a few drops of mouth wash to the water tank.  What I don't like is that I have to fill it up twice to clean my teeth.  I am not sure if I am just not skilled enough or perhaps I just take too long to do it.

My husband and I both like this flosser.  It is much more convenient and easier for me to use than actual floss.  The buttons are easy to use. I do want to note that the color of the unit is not a bright white, it seems a greyish perhaps a hint of purple toned white in person.

You can find our more about the Gurin Water Flosser by visiting the product page on Amazon or visiting the Gurin Website.









I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.






No comments:

Post a Comment